Like a few others have said earlier, my complete hatred of the SFA doesnt stop me supporting the national team in the same vein as my dislike for those running the Club doesnt stop me loving and supporting the Rangers team (our current squad are testing me though ;) ).

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people get blind self interested patriotism mixed up with a love for their country.

I love the country I was born in and the country where I now live. I love the fact they are part of a bigger country as i see no great differences or reasons for hatred between them. They have achieved so much in the past together.

Politics will never rule my head or heart. I have more faith in myself and my peers than any political stance.

This great song sums it up perfectly for me.

I dislike watching Scotland merely because I dislike watching Scotland. Throughout my childhood and youth every games seemed to be a hard fought 1-1 draw with Iceland or Lithuania. The football being grim was my main reason for just not being interested. No excitement, no major tournaments, no players that were particularly good to watch.

In addition to that I don't much care for the Tartan Army or their particular brand of "everyone look at us, we're such greats fans" way of supporting their team and I genuinely just don't care either way about Scotland.

The dislike of much that is Scottish, based on the acts of the SFA and fans of other clubs is unfortunate. Nobody will take my country from me.

Rangers, The UK and Scotland will always be my version of Rangers, The UK and Scotland regardless of what others do or say.

Then hate the SFA. To then attack Scotland as a whole sucks balls. Fans of other clubs have always acted like fans of other clubs you over sensitive twat.

That's because you are an expert in sausages hamish, a banger flasher like the rest of the tartan trannies !

Were you not watching the game today then... (td)

It's all about the Rangers today and today we got the result. (tu)

So many people get blind self interested patriotism mixed up with a love for their country.

I love the country I was born in and the country where I now live. I love the fact they are part of a bigger country as i see no great differences or reasons for hatred between them. They have achieved so much in the past together.

Politics will never rule my head or heart. I have more faith in myself and my peers than any political stance.

This great song sums it up perfectly for me.

What a lot of sentimental pish.

A land, a country is an idea, a shared vision of life. Scotland today is unrecognisable to me.

Look I always criticise the tims for this, if you dislike your nations government that doesnt mean you should hate your country. I think the current government in Scotland is shite and doesn't represent me but it wouldn't make me want to move or hate Scotland, yes Scotland has plenty of (in my opinion) braindead numpties, but im proud of Scotland and proud of being Scottish. I dislike the national team, i support Scotland in every sport other than football.

I just dont understand how the difference between Scottish and English is such a massive difference in some peoples eyes. How are folk in Dumfries any different than people in Carlisle?

Stopped goin to Scotland games after world cup play off with Australia at Hampden when every time the late great DAVIE COOPER was on the ball so called Scotland fans would just shout get into that Orange B#####d.STICK your TARTAN ARMY up your ARSE

I am putting this in here as well..

I am saddened by the anti-Scottish crap that has been going on recently.

Our country really does have a problem. As does this forum.

Shame on you Scots Gers fans who have done nothing but surrender.

I have been a Rangers and Scotland fan since 1986. What a great world cup with Scotland participating... what a season for the Gers with Souness taking over and revolutionising our team and the game up here.

None of you Sky TV brainwashed idiots would even know what any of that was like.

But don't EVER try to tell me that I should not support my country, you freaks.

I will be in a queue waiting to toe your peas.... headed by Graeme Souness... Baxter, Cooper, McCoist, McCall. Goram, Greig, Gough, et al... and with Lee Wallace also waiting in the wings to put a left boot in, I reckon you anti-Scots-Scots (yes, you are that contrary) would have sore balls... if you actually had any.

Is this guy still here?

Unbelievable

Stopped goin to Scotland games after world cup play off with Australia at Hampden when every time the late great DAVIE COOPER was on the ball so called Scotland fans would just shout get into that Orange B#####d.STICK your TARTAN ARMY up your ARSE

Bullshit

Never happened.

Don't go / support them if you like, but don't justify it with made up pish.

I am putting this in here as well..I am saddened by the anti-Scottish crap that has been going on recently.Our country really does have a problem. As does this forum.Shame on you Scots Gers fans who have done nothing but surrender.I have been a Rangers and Scotland fan since 1986. What a great world cup with Scotland participating... what a season for the Gers with Souness taking over and revolutionising our team and the game up here.None of you Sky TV brainwashed idiots would even know what any of that was like.But don't EVER try to tell me that I should not support my country, you freaks.I will be in a queue waiting to toe your peas.... headed by Graeme Souness... Baxter, Cooper, McCoist, McCall. Goram, Greig, Gough, et al... and with Lee Wallace also waiting in the wings to put a left boot in, I reckon you anti-Scots-Scots (yes, you are that contrary) would have sore balls... if you actually had any.

Aye and what did the Sfa do to Souness? You want to support, Whittekar, Naismith and McGregor fill your boots.

Been to Wembley and used to go to the games before Souness signed for us, and I will support Scotland even at tiddly winks if it came to it, but your Sfa's team which we call Scotland will never have anywhere near the Bears that Supported SCOTLAND then again.

I was their, McCoist scored the only goal if I am correct.

But what you are saying just never happened.

After his rants in the last few weeks, and people jumping in to defending him and quickly remove his posts in the Queens Birthday thread, it appears it not what you know but who you know on here.

Obviously somebody's pal or he's made up to get reactions, maybe a polis or a jhourno, who knows, who cares, the bottom line getting back on topic is no Rangers supporter goes to watch Scotland under the present corrupt set up because if they do then they are worse than traitors !

Obviously somebody's pal or he's made up to get reactions, maybe a polis or a jhourno, who knows, who cares, the bottom line getting back on topic is no Rangers supporter goes to watch Scotland under the present corrupt set up because if they do then they are worse than traitors !

Plenty of Rangers fans go to watch Scotland under the present set up. One of them, a close friend of mine hasn't missed a home game for Rangers or Scotland for the best part of 10 years. Even attends the odd away game for both sides when possible as well.

You going to tell me he is a traitor as well because he doesn't fit in with you're idea of how a Rangers fan should behave?

A traitor to who exactly? I've done some work for the SFA and been paid for it. Should I turn down work to prove my Rangers supporting credentials to some faceless forum dweller?

I repeat for those hard of understanding or self respect !