1. Rangers

1. Jimmy Bell's Kitroom

55 times the Champions of Scottish Football.

6m

Leaving times for Supporters Busses, Contact Information and more...

1. Politics & Current Affairs

Discuss the more serious world issues.

Everything in the sports world that is non-Rangers related.

1.2m

Discuss the latest in video gaming

Post your coupons, tips, offers, boasts, etc.

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    EllonLoyal

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      10.2m
    • We need to break up the leadership/senior group in the squad. They've had their chances. Getting rid of all of them is unrealistic, but as a start we either keep Tav or Goldson, but not both. There are a few other senior players I'd move on to and start again building a group with leadership. In any team, be it in sport, work, etc - there's a mix of personalities and abilities. When it comes to the senior group (but to necessarily the manager) some can lead by example, others can lead by being no nonsense, others inspire, etc. However these are the guys you look to drag the folk that maybe aren't naturally positive, are a bit quieter, or aren't ruthless winners along with them - I've seen enough evidence over enough time to say that don't think our playing squad has that in the senior positions.  I've played enough sport and worked in enough teams to know the difference a good leadership/senior group makes, and seen how toxic cliques, weakness, comfort zones, etc, etc can be.  When rot like that has set in, the only remedy is to remove it.
    • Aye, considering we're a basket case of a club atm he's stabilised the team and done quite well
    • I think it would be even worse to have them in a squad and not playing.
    • They need to be squad player in that case tho, not ideal on their wages but is what it is
    • Tav and Goldson are on two year deals. It’s not going to be easy to sell them and it may involve someone above Clement sanctioning a pay off to make up their wage difference or something like that. People keep saying if he continues with these guys next season he will be sacked, it will be his own fault etc, but he may not have a choice. I doubt he will get the budget to get everything he wants next season either. He’s going to need to be unanimously backed in the summer in order to turn this squad around. I’m not convinced it will happen.
  • Popular Contributors