• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoy watching him play, great touch and intelligence. Found little pockets of space on Friday night and then linked the play with one touch passes. Very economical in possession, never holds on to it too long.

In my opinion he's the sort of player who would be lost in a long ball team but in the right system with good players to play off he can be very important to us.

One of the first on the team sheet for me, the ball he played to Wallace was unreal.

Halliday breaks the play up. Holt gets on the ball in pockets of space and makes things happen. Compliment each other well.

That pass had to be perfectly weighted into the rampaging Wallaces path, and it was, he is a quality/clever footballer.

Yes, Ian McMillan came to us from my home club;Airdrie in 1958 and remained semi-professional all his career. He returned to Airdrie in 1964 and is still going strong at 84 yrs old. He was good friends with my father and was a brilliant footballer. They didn't call him the wee Prime Minister for nothing :praise:

Actually his Grandson Ian Russell used to be on our books as a youth but didn't make it and went to Motherwell iirc.

Jason Holt definitely has a touch of the Ian McMillan's about him.

I hate your generation mate so many wonderful memories that mine miss out on due to being born at the wrong time

I hate your generation mate so many wonderful memories that mine miss out on due to being born at the wrong time

Suck eggs young fella :P

Seriously though, I can understand your point because back in those days it seemed as if I was always taught how to play football by guys like Ian McMillan,Tiger Shaw; who lived a few doors away from my Mothers' family in Glenboig, Big Doug Baillie who was friends with my Father, Torry Gillick who lived round the corner from me and who used to join in our games at the football park, Jim Herriot the Dunfermline & Scotland 'keeper who lived in the next street to me, Tommy Duncan the Airdrie legend on the wing who was my PT teacher for 4 years, etc etc.

Memories of watching Rangers Legends like Willie Waddell, Ian McColl, big Corky Young, Sammy Cox, Johnny Hubbard, Billy Simpson, 'Big Ben' Woodburn (briefly) through to the days of Baxter, Captain Cutlass, Eric Caldow et al, on the park will never fade and I am forever thankful to have been born in that era. :pipe:

Now if he was playing for the t1ms ? Easily would be valued above 5 million

Seriously he is a good steady player a very good signing who does a good job on the pitch and who will only get better happy he signed for us.

Played for them he would be the natural replacement for Iniesta and most likely to find a cure for Ebola.

Think he looks a great wee player - simply cannot believe the talent MW has brought in (standard and volume of) for less than 1 million.

Suck eggs young fella :P

Seriously though, I can understand your point because back in those days it seemed as if I was always taught how to play football by guys like Ian McMillan,Tiger Shaw; who lived a few doors away from my Mothers' family in Glenboig, Big Doug Baillie who was friends with my Father, Torry Gillick who lived round the corner from me and who used to join in our games at the football park, Jim Herriot the Dunfermline & Scotland 'keeper who lived in the next street to me, Tommy Duncan the Airdrie legend on the wing who was my PT teacher for 4 years, etc etc.

Memories of watching Rangers Legends like Willie Waddell, Ian McColl, big Corky Young, Sammy Cox, Johnny Hubbard, Billy Simpson, 'Big Ben' Woodburn (briefly) through to the days of Baxter, Captain Cutlass, Eric Caldow et al, on the park will never fade and I am forever thankful to have been born in that era. :pipe:

Fuck you man :pipe:

He is a cracking player but you are forgetting about Tavernier buddy

Not really.

Tavernier is cracking going forward but he's not a very good defender, makes too many rash tackles and his positioning is a bit erratic...like Ivanovic really.

I'll stick with Holt!

Holt is my favourite out of the new signings. Movement and vision is fantastic and something we have desperately lacked for years. The pass for Wallace goal was top drawer. I'm annoyed he has been substituted a couple of times now because I haven't seen him falter before being taken off but the gaffer knows what he's doing. I think he could be a very important player for us this season.

Not really.

Tavernier is cracking going forward but he's not a very good defender, makes too many rash tackles and his positioning is a bit erratic...like Ivanovic really.

I'll stick with Holt!

I agree about Holt yeah but Tavernier is fast becoming my favourite player that we have