Rangers, The New Brazil.

tannerall

Just a wee bit of fun.

Was thinking about that other great attacking football team of the 70s and suddenly realised how much they had in common with our likely team against QOS.

Now the first thing to get out the way is the perceived formation of that great Brazil team and every football fan will tell you it was an innovative 4-2-4 as below.

Brazil1970_original_original.jpg?1353591

But first, Rivelino's part of the front four was what is known today as a false winger, he operated on the side of the midfield pushing forward finding space, effectively giving that Brazil team a 4-3-3.

And we play a similar.........4-3-3.

Tomorrow Law or Zelalem will play in that Rivelino position. (no surprise law scored so many last season playing in the Rivelino position ;) ).

Now the other two midfielders

Holt = solid midfield = Clodolado.

Haliday = flexible central midfield = Gerson

Now lets get the front three in.

McKay = Jairzinho, tricky wing play, occasional striking opportunities.

Waghorn and Miller = Pele and Tostao, moving around the front line, taking the ball, looking for goal opportunities.

And finally the defence.

Two attacking overlapping full backs, Tavernier and Wallace = Carlos Alberto and Everaldo.

Central back pairing holding line and pushing forward Wilson and Kiernan = Piazzo and Brito.

There we go, Rangers = The new Brazil, and 45 years down the line there's still nothing too radically complicated about playing football with a confident talented team of players.

I expect QOS will go with the traditional Italian defensive Cattenacio system, so predict a 4-1 win to us.

Who's going to tell them that their names are to be changed, and what about their children. :P

:uk:

The Brazilian ones are mostly nicknames, do you think Kenny Miller might change his name to "Edson Arantes do Nascimento" ?

Kris Boyd could have been "Dunga" last year.

And Scott Allan has already decided to change his name to "Scheidt" and will play alongside "Lego"

The Brazilian ones are mostly nicknames, do you think Kenny Miller might change his name to "Edson Arantes do Nascimento"

And Scott Allan has already decided to change his name to Scheidt.

:lol::lol::lol:

Pele must have seen his nickname as a blessing, as he would have needed scaffolding to prop up his full name, plus I reckon it would have seriously slowed him down had it been like today with the names on the shirts.

I think Barrie McKay would be a good Garrincha as Brazil never lost a game when he and Pele played together.

I think you have a winner here mate, as long as the lads are not asked to spell their names it can work.

The support is a different matter, as they will have to brush up on their Samba, and get the old medallions out the drawer ........ not to mention the flares, but all put together ..... definitely a winner. :lol:

Pele must have seen his nickname as a blessing, as he would have needed scaffolding to prop up his full name, plus I reckon it would have seriously slowed him down had it been like today with the names on the shirts.

I think Barrie McKay would be a good Garrincha as Brazil never lost a game when he and Pele played together.

I think you have a winner here mate, as long as the lads are not asked to spell their names it can work.

The support is a different matter, as they will have to brush up on their Samba, and get the old medallions out the drawer ........ not to mention the flares, but all put together ..... definitely a winner. :lol:

Garrincha :praise::praise:

What a player, just incredible.

Barrie McKay would make a good Garrincha? :huh: You've lost the plot ya silly auld bassa doh

Barrie McKay could never smoke 60 fags per day :mutley:

The new Brazil? The same mob that got horsed in the World Cup semi?

I would like to think we play more like Barca myself.

But hey we played like a junior team most of last season, and to even be talking like this is crazy.

We have came so so far in such a short space of time, and every player plays for the jersey now

The Brazilian ones are mostly nicknames, do you think Kenny Miller might change his name to "Edson Arantes do Nascimento" ?

And Scott Allan has already decided to change his name to "Scheidt" and will play alongside "Lego"

Im sure Ian McCall names his son "Edson Arantes do Nascimento McColl" .

But hey we played like a junior team most of last season, and to even be talking like this is crazy.

We have came so so far in such a short space of time, and every player plays for the jersey now

Take it you werent around in 1970.?

Barcelona ? The team that has lost 4 times in 4 games to Dundee United ? Give us peace.......

To be honest, I imagine Jason Holt as like a Scottish version of the Bayern Munich Spanish Central Midfielder Thiago who is great technically and a ball player with good creativity and also a great all round general CM although Thiago is a bit faster and taller and stronger than Holt but I think they are similar in their attributes and the way they contribute to the teams.

This might be a bit more far fetched but I imagine Martyn Waghorn as like an English Rangers version of Thomas Muller, with the way he doesn't really have a fixed position on what he is better at between Centre Forward and Right Winger and he is a great runner with stamina who closes down from the front and he is good at penalties and shooting with good all round general hold and link up play like Muller and both aren't the greatest at headers although Muller is more skinny and faster with more running stamina probably while Waghorn is a lot stronger and a tank with maybe a bit better hold up play because of that