It Wasn't My Job To Tell Rangers Managers That Youth Players

Ace

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His own article probably says more than anything I could add, so I'll keep it brief.

If Sinky did such a great job at Rangers when he left the only way for him would be up....................so he is now at Queen's Park !!!!

He never signed any of the players he claims credit for in the article.

Anyone who has watched the youth teams in recent years will have seen massive improvements in style, attitude and a general feel good factor among players and parents since he left

Sickening, absolutely sickening. And then to be so lacking in pride and self-respect to actually be trying to justify his unprofessionalism in a national newspaper. If there was one thing Ally was (as well as a lot of things he wasn’t, mainly a manager) it was approachable. If he’d spoken to Ally and told him he’d got a good prospect coming through what did he think Ally would have done? Mind you, I would have thought Ally would have wanted to have gone and looked at some of the youth games himself to form his own opinions.

just read to he bit were he said

Maybe I should have tried to do things 
differently, cultivate a relationship with the manager where I could say, I think Tom Walsh can do better than David Templeton or 
whatever but I didnt.

that was enough for me - what was the point then if he couldn't express an opinion on the boys he was trying to bring through. also how would all the kids feel knowing that he didnt have their back so to speak

would also have imagined the manager would have been encouraging this type of relationship. that is depressing knowing they were all culpable and prob explains lack of kids coming through

I have only met the man twice, very briefly, and I always got a feeling that he was a bit until his own arse, in a " do you know who I am" kind of way.

Even the way he carries himself in that interview, the general tone, swearing etc I'm glad he's away from the club!!

he should have been gone long before he was. Total wank as a man manager and coach. Fuck if he had Messi at Murray Park we would never have heard of him. Queens Park must be reviewing his employment after this. I also know among parents of talented kids they want them NO where near this clown. Queens Park who have had a good rep as developing youth players are likely about to see this come to a crashing end, hell he had NO respect even with the Ranges Youth coaches.

Pretty spineless of him not to recommend any youths over the shite in the 1st team. Just one of those guys in life who tries their hardest never to have much responsibility in the work place- we've all come across them at some point.

Good riddance, at least llambias did something right

To summarise, he;s suggesting he let himself down, let the youths down, let their parents down, let the manager down and let the club down, whilst taking a decent wage from us, then ran to the papers to complain as soon as he was got rid of.

Spineless idiot. Another farcial example of how not to run a successful football club.

"It Wasn't My Job To Tell Rangers Managers That Youth Players"

As you can see from the quotes I made from the article, Bluepeter9, the headline basically summarises the article quite well actually getting to the main point quickly.

Just another kneejerk post from you to criticise the other posters on here, or can you specify why you are unhappy with the subsequent comments ?

Well to start with there the folk moaning how shite he was based on disgruntled parents - ffs any head development coach will have a raft of parents who think the head coach knows nothing as they let their kid go.

Then there are the bits about the manager (s) preferring established players as they had to win.

,, and yet he is still able to name a raft of players who made the breakthrough.

Oh and he was there for 8.5 years so all through Walters second stint as well.

And strange if he was so shit that a club famed for their youth set up should hire him!

And while we are at it ( and this has fk all to do with Rangers) it's shocking that Queens park have been left out of the Scottish youth setup due to the amateur status of their club - that tradition is something they and scotland should be proud of!