Are We Good Enough To Win A Cup?

RangersMedia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ICT and St Johnstone can go out and win the Scottish cup why cant this Rangers team.So much negative shit going round it makes you wonder what kind of " Rangers " fans are out there.Every time all you get is this or that will be a better test lets see how we get on against this team or that team.What a shower of negative shit.I sure hope W&W are not reading some of the shit that's posted on this forum because if they adopted the same negative approach to the football as some do on here well we will be well and truly fucked.

It's really difficult to not get ahead of ourselves. We are destroying teams just now.

St Johnstone will be a good marker.

I had an Ayr United fan in work trying to tell me that Ross County are a better team than us by virtue of the fact they're in a higher league. Odd logic. If we put a few past St Johnstone that should put some doubts to bed.

Were playing the best football in Scotland, we're probably the best new squad in Britain for our level. More than capable of winning a cup or beating the taigs.

It's obviously possible for us to win a cup. The problem is we've been abysmal at the back; we continue to let too many clear cut chances be made too easily.

Hibs created enough chances to win the last game against us, and would have won if it weren't for poor finishing. Hibs are shite. If we played a decent SPFL side, we'd get punished, and possibly not find it so easy to score sufficient goals to come back from.

Personally speaking, I don't think we'll won the league or Scottish cup. I would, however, be speechless if we didn't win the Petrofac cup.

Not sure why people keep bringing up the Hibs game, saying they missed all these chances and could've won, without mentioning the number of chances we created and missed too. They could've scored 2 or 3 goals had they been more clinical. But so could we have.

no,QOTS`s goal showed again today we seem vulnerable to the long ball.Our two CB need to up their game and although this might seem picky after our great play,results and goals for,the fact we haven`t scored with a single header is a concern,we seem to pose no threat at corners! Not criticising just think we are a work in process and still room for improvement!

It does seem picky.

The fact we haven't been lumping the ball into the box for headers concerns you?

Think we have to be realistic, if we got some favourable draws I think we could make it all the way to the final if we avoided Hearts & Aberdeen along the way. I think both of those teams would cause us so many issues through the center of our defense. Celtic have an extremely weak defense and if they get rid of Dick van it will be even weaker, they do however have a few good midfielders who could cause us some issues.

Can see a massive volume of magic hats turning up at a couple of cup finals this year. :)

Seriously, we could do well, but the experience the top 4 or 5 Premier teams get playing at the slightly higher level, and with their (occasional for most of them) European experience, they will have a bit more guile and cunning and will tend to be more ruthless and cynical on the pitch which could still cause us problems.

That and the doubts I have about certain referees may make it more difficult to win the League Cup and Scottish Cup than some may think.

However, if we are allowed to play the way we are going about it just now, its very possible.

I had an Ayr United fan in work trying to tell me that Ross County are a better team than us by virtue of the fact they're in a higher league. Odd logic. If we put a few past St Johnstone that should put some doubts to bed.

I'd fancy our chances against most of the SPL, I think the only ones we would struggle with is hearts, Aberdeen and the tims.