Are We Good Enough To Win A Cup?

RangersMedia

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we haven't really been tested so far but I don't see any reason why we couldn't win a cup or two. I don't watch SPL but I can't imagine any team playing consistently better or more convincing football than we are playing at the moment. Bring them on, wherever they lie ahead.

The team is still learning and lots of new faces. The manager needs to get more end product from the new flair players before they can make a difference against a top team. And we need more work at the back. If we can avoid a big team for a few months more, them I do expect League or Scottish cup success.

More than good enough.

I actually expect us to win at least two cups this year; and the league.

still not convinced by our CDs,hopefully the St Johnstone game will prove me wrong but the goal we lost today worries me.Big long punt! Should be defending that better.

still not convinced by our CDs,hopefully the St Johnstone game will prove me wrong but the goal we lost today worries me.Big long punt! Should be defending that better.

The goal we lost today shouldn't be worrying; The game was dead in the water, 5-0; Players had switched off and lost focus momentarily. If anything, I'm glad QoS scored that goal, because it serves as a reminder to the players; These teams aren't going to give up, they're going to try and get a goal against us, whatever it takes, so we shouldn't be slowing up because it's 5-0; We should be alert, gunning for more. The players lost focus, QoS punished us, hopefully no more switching off.

I think we're all agreed we're light years ahead of what we were last season, even with a few weaknesses we still need to sort out and even with the measure of upturn we got with McCall.
Bearing that in mind. At the tail end of last season I thought we had the measure of Hearts pretty much and while we've taken Holt and Wilson from them they've not bought too badly in Juanma and a couple of others, all in though I wouldn't say they were much better than last season. We are.
Don't let the fact they're pissing around the top of the table fool you, with the exception of Partick they're not pumping anybody, they've shipped goals to nearly everyone and took extra time to beat Forfar. They've also still to play the sheep and the tims. Still they're being touted as top three or four in that league.

Long way to go or not we shouldn't be massively worried about any of those fuckers in a cup game, the bulk of them should be more worried about playing us. We'll need to adapt and maybe not be quite as gung ho but I have faith we could do that.

I'm not kidding myself on we're world beaters or anything and on paper the tims and sheep should be beating us but we get semi decent draws and progress the team we've as much chance in the cups as anyone.

Christ you go by who's supposed to be pumping who and the tims should be clocking up the trebles while we're not there, hows that been going for them?

I think we need to calm down. We didn't play that well against Hibs last week and, they are about as good as a middle premiership team imo. The bheasts and the sheep would still beat us fairly comfortably i think