Zelalem Or Law?

409 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be first choice if you were manager?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think he gives more energy than Zelalem?

Absolutely. A huge part of Law's game is his running. Zelalem controls play through his passing but off the ball he isn't particularly hard working or energetic. Just my opinion based on what I've seen from the two games we've seen Zelalem play.

Zelalem clearly has the potential to be a great player. Although, not the greatest fan of Law based on the last couple of seasons, he has looked good this season.

On a straight choice between them, I would opt for Law because of his greater experience and, more so, because he is the only possible medium-long term option between them.

Absolutely. A huge part of Law's game is his running. Zelalem controls play through his passing but off the ball he isn't particularly hard working or energetic. Just my opinion based on what I've seen from the two games we've seen Zelalem play.

What is it about Law the you think makes him hard working exactly? Running about alone isn't very effective. He doesn't exactly fly into tackles or get physical in any way.

For me Zelalem is by far the better player and should be in the team every week if it's a straight pick between him and Law, which of course it isn't.

What is it about Law the you think makes him hard working exactly? Running about alone isn't very effective. He doesn't exactly fly into tackles or get physical in any way.

For me Zelalem is by far the better player and should be in the team every week if it's a straight pick between him and Law, which of course it isn't.

Have you watched our games this season? Law has been one of our best players. His energy in midfield has been terrific. His "running about alone" gives space to guys like Holt to exploit. He travels with the ball and has picked up loads of FKs this season already.

Zelalem is a huge talent, there's no doubt about that, but you have to assess the conditions and opponents when picking the team and therefore, it isn't the case that Zelalem will always win a place in the starting lineup.

Most on here will pick Zelalem purely out of hatred for Law.

That seems to be exactly how it's going.

How people can say things like "it's an easy decision" after the start to the season Law has had is beyond me. Especially when we haven't even seen that much of Zelalem yet.

I can see many scenarios where we may have the luxury of playing both. Especially if Eustace comes in to strengthen the centre midfield positions, allowing Law and Zelalem to provide greater width.

This could be developed from playing one up front and flooding the midfield with 5 keeping possesion, allowing Law and MacKay to play like old fashioned wing halfs, Law most likely replacing Miller from the start. Law would also provide cover for MacKay as well as Zelalem, and don't forget Law was our top scorer last year in a crap team, if he had a good run and scored a few would be an automatic choice.

Add Shiels in to that equation and I can see a lot of exciting football and probably a fair bit of rotation with Law, Shiels, Miller and MacKay in those creative midfield and wider positions just to keep them all sharp and competitive.

We are now definitely a squad of players, dedicated to teamwork and improvement, so I think this either/or option may not be the obvious scenario under Warburton.

Have you watched our games this season? Law has been one of our best players. His energy in midfield has been terrific. His "running about alone" gives space to guys like Holt to exploit. He travels with the ball and has picked up loads of FKs this season already.

Zelalem is a huge talent, there's no doubt about that, but you have to assess the conditions and opponents when picking the team and therefore, it isn't the case that Zelalem will always win a place in the starting lineup.

I have, I've been to every one. I disagree that he's been one of the best players. He's been better than last season. That's all. I didn't mean running about alone without anyone near him, I meant running about in itself isn't much use unless you put pressure on someone or put in a challenge.

I agree with you there and that's why MW picked Zelalem against our closest rivals so far and only a week after arriving at the club :D

That seems to be exactly how it's going.

How people can say things like "it's an easy decision" after the start to the season Law has had is beyond me. Especially when we haven't even seen that much of Zelalem yet.

Law could score against the scum and some people would still not want his contract renewed at the end of the season on the basis that he had a shite few seasons under the worst football manager this great club has ever seen.