Zelalem Or Law?

409 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be first choice if you were manager?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I like a player who can split a team open by running through them. Your not going to break better quality defences down by trying to pass the ball through them.Abit of versatility in the middle does not go amiss.

Baxter.

law gets into trouble when he tries more than he is capable of, playing within yourself is what that means. Law has not played a bad game this season and the whole team was at fault last season led by two of the most clueless managers Rangers have ever had. Hell even Davie White was a better manager than the 2 clowns. So as far as I am concerned I am basing players on what they are doing under the magic hat not the arse baring clown. I also see Zelalem as a huge talent but someone who needs to know how to work his craft for the team not as an individual can also say the same thing about Oduwa, skills abound but learn to play the final ball. This is also a common last part of a youth players development. I also see warburton`s philosophy it is about the squad and he wants players to be hungry, the way to do that is to use the squad, keep the players on their toes in that If i want to play next week then I need to have a good game this week.

Idk asking players to play within themselves seems a bit daft to me. If you can't play well when giving your all then what kind of player are you? Not a Rangers player.

Zelalem may well be off in January before the skittish cup has even started/ I'd play the boy in every game but he'll be gone sooner rather than later. Just being a realist. We have a squad capable of winning a cup.

We have the option on Zelalem, though. Likelihood is he'll still be here second half of the season, if things work out this half (which it looks like they will).

So it's quite simple. For all of the reasons mentioned, you play your best players, loan or not.

Zelalem also gives us something that we don't already have. He's a different, and more useful, kind of player than a Nicky Law.

Zalalem but if he is all about passing the ball and isnt going to take men on then I am going to be a bit disappointed.

That's something that I'm a little concerned about too. Law has the ability to run at a man and beat him, Zelalem hasn't really shown that yet despite it being early days.

To me it doesn't look like both will be starting together either. Since Zelalem came in, it's been Law who has made way for him. It seems that Halliday will play the defensive role, Holt or Shiels will play the creative role and either Law or Zelalem will play the other role.

That's something that I'm a little concerned about too. Law has the ability to run at a man and beat him, Zelalem hasn't really shown that yet despite it being early days.

To me it doesn't look like both will be starting together either. Since Zelalem came in, it's been Law who has made way for him. It seems that Halliday will play the defensive role, Holt or Shiels will play the creative role and either Law or Zelalem will play the other role.

Don't agree. I think it will mostly be Holt or Law, with Shiels deputising for Zelalem from time to time. I think that gives the best balance.

Don't agree. I think it will mostly be Holt or Law, with Shiels deputising for Zelalem from time to time. I think that gives the best balance.

Time will tell. I'm just basing it on what I've seen so far. When Holt gets dropped it's always been Shiels that has come in and Law has been the one to make way for Zalalem so far.

Time will tell. I'm just basing it on what I've seen so far. When Holt gets dropped it's always been Shiels that has come in and Law has been the one to make way for Zalalem so far.

I don't think Zelalem has been here long enough to judge what the plan is based on who's played, as there could be any amount of reasons it was Shiels and Zelalem in the last game. Of course, he could also mix it up and have different combinations for different games, depending on who we're playing and where. But I think Zelalem will be the guy that plays more often than the others, because he's got that bit of extra quality.

But yeah, we shall see.

I'm still stuck a bit in 'I hate Law' mode because he was a lazy shitebag underperforming gobby wanker with a bad attitude the last few seasons.

He does have ability, so I'm trying to give him a clean slate.

He's been much better this season under Warbs, so hopefully he keeps it up. I'd much rather be having this kind of discussion, than talking about him 'sssssshhhhhing' home fans.

Zelalem is a far better footballer, but I think that they'll both contribute this season.