Fraser Aird

Maarko_1

Dont know why people are slating him... surely the magic warburton has worked on the 'old' players is proof enough that he should be given a chance and the fact he has been on the bench suggests MW thinks he could be good enough for the moment. Lets get behind the lad and see what he can do i watched some highlights from the u20s the other week and he scored a decent goal if he can whip in a decent ball which i know was his problem before than i have no doubt he can be a decent player for where we are at at the minute anyway. People slating him and not even seen him play is just jumping on the bandwagon if he plays and is shite than i will be first to criticize but from what i have seen so far this season he looks a lot better.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally don't think Aird is a RB. If he's going to be anything it is a winger but he has to work on his final ball. He flatters to deceive at times.

I think he looks far more comfortable at right back so far.

I was surprised we let Sinnamon go on loan tbh. But I think with the way we play, we almost need wingers at fullback rather than CB's playing there. Just hoping Tav doesn't get injured :D

Sinnamon hasn't made the Falkirk 18 in any of their last 4 matches.

Either injured or they don't think he's upto scratch

When I first saw Aird I thought he had a lot of promise - recall being a bit disappointed he'd opted for Canada over Scotland. I watched his performances deteriorate over the last couple of seasons under the misguidance from what passed (failed?) for management at our club. We have better options up forward now thanks to inspired recruiting by W&W but I do feel we need cover at RB in case one of the scything tackles Tav leaps over every week connects. Aird might be fine in that role - MW seems to think so - and if he can manage that he is definitely worth keeping. He might even develop into the player he once looked like he might become.