Who's Going To Challenge Us?

WATBB

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a serious danger that we could could through this season undefeated, bar the cups, but see tbh, I dont fear anyone in the cups either.

You can bet your boots they are giving it "Haha the new rainjurs pumpin part time teams, just wait until they draw teams in oor league!"

"we drew them? fucksake thats fixed! look how mych money theyve spent, same old rainjurs!"

There is a serious danger that we could could through this season undefeated, bar the cups, but see tbh, I dont fear anyone in the cups either.

You can bet your boots they are giving it "Haha the new rainjurs pumpin part time teams, just wait until they draw teams in oor league!"

"we drew them? fucksake thats fixed! look how mych money theyve spent, same old rainjurs!"

Oddly enough those are the same people who are calling us "loanee fc" - whilst failing to realise their own club is actually downsizing, and signing more and more players on loan. Believe it's called being "thick"?

Oddly enough those are the same people who are calling us "loanee fc" - whilst failing to realise their own club is actually downsizing, and signing more and more players on loan. Believe it's called being "thick"?

Indeed.

While the tims have been downsizing while they should have been making a serious assault at the Champion's League and the treble, the 'rainjurs' have been planning for the future. Loan players? You mean outstanding class players who we can use then send back when we're finished with them and use the wage on new players? Sounds negative as fuck eh haha .

I think MW has mentioned before complacency is a dangerous thing, we are on a high for sure but the focus must remain in all games and to start believing we will canter it will not help at all. Yes as fans it is less dangerous but the players must be up for every game and want that win, I trust the gaffer to provide that every game and his players will perform for him due to the trust he has in their ability.

This could be a wonderful season for us and a block to build for a great future if we can keep the same ethos that we have just now. Talking about unbeaten so soon is a tad early, maybe at xmas time we can see then and judge better.

Indeed.

While the tims have been downsizing while they should have been making a serious assault at the Champion's League and the treble, the 'rainjurs' have been planning for the future. Loan players? You mean outstanding class players who we can use then send back when we're finished with them and use the wage on new players? Sounds negative as fuck eh haha .

The world's gone to fuck tbh. Did ye know players are "skilling" people these days, whilst teams are loaning them? Madness.

Hibs turned up at Ibrox for a draw, and tried to hit us on the counter.

We were awful last weekend but we still won.

6-2 wasn't an accidant, neither was today. On our day we will put another 6 past them.

I am not saying we're Barca, nor will we end the league undefeated.... but we are head and shoulders better in all areas than the rest of our competition.

If I think of a challenger, or someone who will lay claim to second spot... I still think St. Mirren or Falkirk will do that.

The world's gone to fuck tbh. Did ye know players are "skilling" people these days, whilst teams are loaning them? Madness.

Aye the rules will change now they have someone from Man Utd though.

Difference is, their board treat them like the fucking dumbos that they are, they have downsized every year we have been away from them, they haven't won a teble since Rangers were demoted.

Swing that around, that would be unnacceptable for us if the wean rippers went down to the lower leagues, that's what defines champions though.

They blame other people while we "get even", while they are still bitter at the european exits we will storm up and whip that trophy from them,

Full of shit? Na, Warburton is magic...

I think MW has mentioned before complacency is a dangerous thing, we are on a high for sure but the focus must remain in all games and to start believing we will canter it will not help at all. Yes as fans it is less dangerous but the players must be up for every game and want that win, I trust the gaffer to provide that every game and his players will perform for him due to the trust he has in their ability.

This could be a wonderful season for us and a block to build for a great future if we can keep the same ethos that we have just now. Talking about unbeaten so soon is a tad early, maybe at xmas time we can see then and judge better.

Superb post Malvern

Cant see us going unbeaten, suspensions and injuries will build up during the season. Although I think most of our defeats will probably come towards the end of the season if the title is wrapped up earlyish and Warbs gives a few of the youngsters a bit more game time.

Hibs will still be a dangerous proposition as they probably are the only team in the league that has the players to defend for 90 minutes and try hit on the counter but complacency will probably be the biggest factor.

Cant see us going unbeaten, suspensions and injuries will build up during the season. Although I think most of our defeats will probably come towards the end of the season if the title is wrapped up earlyish and Warbs gives a few of the youngsters a bit more game time.

Hibs will still be a dangerous proposition as they probably are the only team in the league that has the players to defend for 90 minutes and try hit on the counter but complacency will probably be the biggest factor.

I can see us going undefeated; We have a lean squad, but everything our players do in training and the fitness programme they are now on, injuries should be few and far between. Players are looking after themselves, eating right, making sure their bodies are in good shape. Plus our youth squad's are actually half decent, so if the time does arise, and now that they are all playing the same formations; I see youngsters adapting and fitting in easily if called upon.

As for Hibs; They aren't exactly as troubling as they're being made out to be. They came to Ibrox and were defeated, many say they were unlucky, but truth be told, we dominated them as much in the 1-0 game, as we did the 2-6. We just didn't take our chances, Hibs were lucky Rangers didn't find their shooting boots that game, because it'd have been another gubbing.

Highly doubt Warburton is the type of man to let form slip even if the title is wrapped up; Aside from the obvious goals of winning trophies; Warburton wants to send us, the supporters, home happy. We'd still be annoyed/pissed off, if suddenly after winning the league early on, the players went into holiday mode. Rangers' form dipped for five minutes in a training session and Warburton pulled the players up for it.

When the fixtures came out most were up in arms about how hard a test the first 6 games would be. Throw in getting Hibs away in the very first game and most fans were worried it wouldve been the same start we had last year. Sluggish and scraping through. 8 weeks later and look at the difference. Outstanding displays on all levels. To hammering teams to grinding out results, appreciating the fans and playing some absolutely God sent football. Noone will challenge us that was our hardest game of the season today in the league and we smashed it. Our challenges will come if we get Hearts, Aberdeen or Them in a cup, especially any of them away. I really want to make an example of Dundee Utd and put them right back in their place.

Im not worried about any team this season, we may have a couple mis-steps, draws or defeats like hivs, falkirk or QOTS, but we'll win the league comfortably. Hopefully we win it early and more of the youths can get a run in the first team. Realistically unless something drastic happens between now and the end of the season there should be no serious challenge to the title.