Goian & Bocanegra

bluenose_72

I'm sorry but no.

Goian and bocanegra were simply the cheap option. Whyte promised 5 million spend minimum if we needed it. Yet all we got were cheap, bargain basement signings

whyte should have splashed the cash on cuellar and juhasz

Here's a question.

If Cuellar and Juhasz had the same defensive record as Goian and Bocanegra have, would you be pleased with that? I think you would. So why would you want to have spent millions more on them?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We consistently have top class goalkeepers and defenders available to us, we just seem to be blessed in those departments :D

Couldn't be happier with those two...you pulled two experienced internationals into the team and you get what you expect to have, the meanest defence in the country!

I'm sorry but no.

Goian and bocanegra were simply the cheap option. Whyte promised 5 million spend minimum if we needed it. Yet all we got were cheap, bargain basement signings

we've got 2 very experienced centre backs who are performing admirable yet you'd rather spend the full 5 million just for the sake of it? craaazzzzyyyy

I think you're being slightly OTT here. McGregor has earned the right to make a couple of mistakes here and there.

Maybe I am being OTT but it just frustrates me that such a great goalkeeper is letting these mistakes into his game when he is coming into his prime.

He has certainly earned the right to make a couple of mistakes, of that there is no doubt. I just don't want it becoming a regualr thing because if it does it won't take long for the defence to lose confidnce in him and that can be a disaster.

Did you see the ones he kept out? The one on one he stayed up and spread himself? And the 40 yard volley that he parried? If you see it from behind the way it swerved, it was a fucking peach of a stop. Granted he should have done better with the goal but papac should have closed the guy down, he is murder for letting crosses in and in this case a shot away.

Big Goin was also heard after the game saying what's so hard about this granite pish?

He is always bailing us out with great saves but I'm just getting a wee bit concerned about the mistakes he is making. I probably was a bit OTT as someone already said but I just think he needs to cut the mistakes out before they cost us.

Maybe I am being OTT but it just frustrates me that such a great goalkeeper is letting these mistakes into his game when he is coming into his prime.

He has certainly earned the right to make a couple of mistakes, of that there is no doubt. I just don't want it becoming a regualr thing because if it does it won't take long for the defence to lose confidnce in him and that can be a disaster.

I actually agreed with your original point.

2 of the 5 goals conceded this season have been his clangers, 2 have been poor play from full backs and the other was Pooper's goal which was a combination of a few defenders.

Shagger has also at times this season come flapping at crosses and getting nowhere near them... happened on a few occasions and the defence have bailed him out.

I think a real part of the problem for Shagger this season is, he isn't having anywhere near as much to do as in previous seasons as this defence we have more often than not are defending everything and not giving opposition a sniff at goal or a real good chance.

I'm sorry but no.

I think thats the 5th time you've said that :lol:

They are fantastic . They stroll this league but they are getting on so we should defo be using this time to be scouring the world finding a replacement for them when they do eventually retire. Ross perry has certainly looked impressive this season but would like to see us bring in a really promising youngster.

what i love about these two are they DEFEND no pussyfooting about watch boca if in doubt put it out and reorganise top class international defenders who stroll through the spl that has been our rock in past couple of years was beginning to fret on a replacement for big davie wier but they have stepped up to the play no problem

I actually agreed with your original point.

2 of the 5 goals conceded this season have been his clangers, 2 have been poor play from full backs and the other was Pooper's goal which was a combination of a few defenders.

Shagger has also at times this season come flapping at crosses and getting nowhere near them... happened on a few occasions and the defence have bailed him out.

I think a real part of the problem for Shagger this season is, he isn't having anywhere near as much to do as in previous seasons as this defence we have more often than not are defending everything and not giving opposition a sniff at goal or a real good chance.

Possibly. Its just a concern that he is making these mistakes but luckily they haven't cost us yet so hopefully its just a blip and Ally will give him a kick up the arse.

He has also made a few errors for Scotland as well so its not like its just for us. His form has taken a dip but yet he still produces outstanding game winning saves on most occasions.