Formula One 2014

Blue Atheist

Not long now till the season starts. :)

Hopefully this is the season Hamilton finally wins another championship.

Red Bull seem to be really struggling at the moment which is good for those bored with them winning.

Does anyone have a fantasy team created on fantasyracers.com? if so, join league 421.

Its a league started on the pie and bovril forum but it needs more Rangers fans in it! :)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bull improved in the third practice period today and Ricciardo got some twenty laps in. That was after creating emergency vents after Caterham and Lotus (also Renault) both went on fire though, and it was cooler at the time.

I hope Ferrari have a good car. Alonso was great in a car which was way off Red Bull, Mercedes and Lotus's last year. Raikkonen and Alonso though, will they work together?..

Red Bull will no doubt come strong at the end of the year, and make use of this stupid double-points rule for the last race. (Thankfully they decided not to extend that to three races today).

I hope Ferrari have a good car. Alonso was great in a car which was way off Red Bull, Mercedes and Lotus's last year. Raikkonen and Alonso though, will they work together?..

Possibly, but I really doubt it. Team orders will be right out the window for a start. None of those two will bow to the other.

Who do you think will score more points by the end of the season? That will be an interesting fight but Fernando will probably finish higher.

Lewis and Fernando are probably the favourites for the championship with Kimi and Rosberg in with a great chance also.

Possibly, but I really doubt it. Team orders will be right out the window for a start. None of those two will bow to the other.

Who do you think will score more points by the end of the season? That will be an interesting fight but Fernando will probably finish higher.

Lewis and Fernando are probably the favourites for the championship with Kimi and Rosberg in with a great chance also.

Alonso is the main driver and he really ought to finish above Raikkonen. Ferrari must have discussed how they'd deal with the partnership and no doubt they had discussions with Fernando on the subject way before we knew anything about it.

It could make for some very exciting racing if they go at each other.

Williams in general been the most consistent at Bahrain and set some good times. They have an exciting team of Massa and Bottas as well. Would like to see them as a force again after last years horror show.

Could someone outline the new rules/changes for this season? Cheers in advance.

on a side note, do the rules ACTUALLY state you can't use........ :tank:

A daft as it sounds there's an advert on the telly just now that gives you the gist of it. Seems like a lot of dimensional and plane changes. Looks like the cars have to be narrower and air brake smaller. I suppose this makes at faster or more unpredictable? I think they can also change gear ratios during the season and have been given a further drive train change. I'm new to all this so might be talking shit.

That Red Bull is actually quite fast. :(

I doubt it will be enough to prevent Lewis from taking pole position in qualifying, though.

As for Sunday....

1) Lewis

2) Rosberg

3) Alonso

Vettel will only get a podium if any of the three above get a non-finish.