Amir Zaki

He was highly rated in his homeland. And he has an incredible strike rate at international level too, something like 22 goals in 49 caps.

However I wasn't sure if he could do it in England. he never even got a game when he last played in Europe and it's a massive move to make after playing in the Egyptian league for the majority of his career.

However he notched another goal today, his 6th for Wigan and 4th in The Premier League already.

He's looking like being another great find by Steve Bruce, but if he carries on in this form I have serious doubts about their ability to hold onto him.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is absolutely deadly. His movement is something else and his finishing is awesome. I reckon he'll notch around 15 goals this season.

For me though, the real star of the show at Wigan is Wilson Palacios, he has everything. He has a good shot, he can pass it and he's also a right hard bastard. Im surprised Wenger never signed him after he had him on trial from Olimpia.

This guy is absolutely deadly. His movement is something else and his finishing is awesome. I reckon he'll notch around 15 goals this season.

For me though, the real star of the show at Wigan is Wilson Palacios, he has everything. He has a good shot, he can pass it and he's also a right hard bastard. Im surprised Wenger never signed him after he had him on trial from Olimpia.

Both superb players.

Zaki is a monster of a man. I read that an opponent once said that he thought Zaki was 'made of steel' because of his sheer power.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...