NFL yesterday

delparlane

I know most here can't be arsed about the NFL, but since my Rams trounced Dallas yesterday I'm a very happy camper.

0-4 to start the season under the old coach, they binned him and have since won 2 straight with a new gaffer. If only they can beat NE next week - oh what joy that would bring.

Not the elation a Gers victory brings, but not a bad feeling for the off week. :bouncy:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most here can't be arsed about the NFL, but since my Rams trounced Dallas yesterday I'm a very happy camper.

0-4 to start the season under the old coach, they binned him and have since won 2 straight with a new gaffer. If only they can beat NE next week - oh what joy that would bring.

Not the elation a Gers victory brings, but not a bad feeling for the off week. :bouncy:

Your Rams trounced my Cowboys! The Rams deserved it though, the Cowboys are what they are, a very mediocre team, and its going to get alot worse before it gets better. The Cowboys are not a team, just a group of players that play for themselves only, and they all bought into the hype that they would be handed the Super Bowl. The Rams have good players, I don't get how they started the season so terribly. Long, Carriker, Tinoisamoa, and Witherspoon are all good players.

Well my New England Patriots just beat Denver 41-7 so don't count us out just yet. Delparlane how can you support the Rams you live in MA. :shifty:

Are both Brady and Payton still injured? I haven't been keeping track of it and last I heard they both needed surgery. That would make it very interesting with the two best quarterbacks out the Colts and Patriots wouldn't be nearly as strong. From what you say about the Cowboys sounds like they're not really living up to the hype from the start of the season. That is the difference between them and the Patriots who love 'em or hate 'em you have to admit, handled the pressure pretty well up until the Superbowl last year.

Well my New England Patriots just beat Denver 41-7 so don't count us out just yet. Delparlane how can you support the Rams you live in MA. :shifty:

Cool Helmets. :D Seriously that's the reason I started following them yonks ago (I'm shallow - I admit it).

Please, don't talk to me about the Patriots. I had no problem with them up until THAT SB. Now the sight of that logo makes me want to huey!

Your Rams trounced my Cowboys! The Rams deserved it though, the Cowboys are what they are, a very mediocre team, and its going to get alot worse before it gets better. The Cowboys are not a team, just a group of players that play for themselves only, and they all bought into the hype that they would be handed the Super Bowl. The Rams have good players, I don't get how they started the season so terribly. Long, Carriker, Tinoisamoa, and Witherspoon are all good players.

Yeah, I'm surprised we won that game, let alone won big, as I thought Dallas would kill us. I don't think the Rams are as bad as they played earlier on either, which makes it extra frustrating to watch how poorly they played. Hopefully the coaching change will bring big improvements - it's already done wonders in 2 short weeks. Fingers crossed it's not a false dawn!

Are both Brady and Payton still injured? I haven't been keeping track of it and last I heard they both needed surgery. That would make it very interesting with the two best quarterbacks out the Colts and Patriots wouldn't be nearly as strong. From what you say about the Cowboys sounds like they're not really living up to the hype from the start of the season. That is the difference between them and the Patriots who love 'em or hate 'em you have to admit, handled the pressure pretty well up until the Superbowl last year.

Brady had his surgery two weeks ago and Manning had his pre season and is back playing. Yeah there has been some strange scores so far this year.....makes for an interesting year. Go Pats :lol:

Cool Helmets. :D Seriously that's the reason I started following them yonks ago (I'm shallow - I admit it).

Please, don't talk to me about the Patriots. I had no problem with them up until THAT SB. Now the sight of that logo makes me want to huey!

When I was young (if one of my teams were not playing) I supported the team with the cutest players . In fact I almost was going to cheer for Norway against Scotland a couple of weeks ago :mutley:

I'm just happy the Cowboys and Colts lost again. Dallas Lolboys.

The Browns followed up a great win last week with the most inept first half performance i've seen in a long, long time against the Redskins. So frustratingly inconsistent, especially Anderson, useless cunt.

I'm just happy the Cowboys and Colts lost again. Dallas Lolboys.

The Browns followed up a great win last week with the most inept first half performance i've seen in a long, long time against the Redskins. So frustratingly inconsistent, especially Anderson, useless cunt.

Derek Anderson is amazingly inconsistent, its going to be interesting how long he lasts until Brady Quinn takes over, its a shame to, because the Browns could have easily won that game.

You guys have it easy, try following the seahawks :(

Lost again on sunday @Tampa and it was truly woeful. Injuries are shocking, already on our 3rd choice QB since Hasselbeck and Frye are injured. That pales into comparison with the WR positions, already used our 9th different WR this season so far and we have only played 6 games!!

The offence cannot get going and what looks like a decent defence on paper struggles to get any turnovers at all. This week we did not claim a 1st down in the 1st half and were lucky to only lose by the margin we did.

Hasselbeck did say that he thinks if the injuries clear up we can stil win the division but I don't see it this year.

A real shame as it is Mike Holmgren's last campaign as head coach for us.

Maybe the fact he lives in MA right in amongst them, makes him hate them. :harhar:

It does happen, a guy I know hates Aberdeen more than just about any other football team, just because he lived there for 5 years :mutley:

Maybe the fact he lives in MA right in amongst them, makes him hate them. :harhar:

It does happen, a guy I know hates Aberdeen more than just about any other football team, just because he lived there for 5 years :mutley:

...yes but Aberdeen are sheep shagging losers anyone would hate them. :harhar:

Rams were excellent on Sunday.

Bulger back to his best, Jackson trucking over people, Holt getting separation and Avery spreading the field.

Igcognito dominated, only downside was that Goldberg got burned by Da Marcus Ware over and over (Hurry back Pace)

On defense, Long, Little and Hall were dominant, Pisa and Witherspoon played at 100 mph for the full game, Ron Bartell had T.o in his back pocket and O'J Otogwe was awesome (Love this guy)

Such a difference from the Loserhan regime. Change should have been made after we went 0-6 last season. Good times ahead for the Rams and cant wait till we demolish the Patriots.

Ramming speed

:lol: I cant argue with that!

but maybe Del has a more simple reason for not liking NE. Maybe he just doesnt like maple syrup :craphead:

but maybe Del has a more simple reason for not liking NE. Maybe he just doesnt like maple syrup :craphead:

He only lives about an hour away from me so I will go down at the weekend and knock some sense into him. :16331:

Bulger back to his best, Jackson trucking over people, Holt getting separation and Avery spreading the field.

Igcognito dominated, only downside was that Goldberg got burned by Da Marcus Ware over and over (Hurry back Pace)

On defense, Long, Little and Hall were dominant, Pisa and Witherspoon played at 100 mph for the full game, Ron Bartell had T.o in his back pocket and O'J Otogwe was awesome (Love this guy)

Such a difference from the Loserhan regime. Change should have been made after we went 0-6 last season. Good times ahead for the Rams and cant wait till we demolish the Patriots.

Ramming speed

To be fair, I think that North Delaware Women's College for the Blind could have looked good against the Cowboys line on Sunday. Add a bad offensive line and an old/slow/weak armed QB, and thats a recipe for disaster.

Ramming speed

To be fair, I think that North Delaware Women's College for the Blind could have looked good against the Cowboys line on Sunday. Add a bad offensive line and an old/slow/weak armed QB, and thats a recipe for disaster.

They're quite good so I hear :pipe:

You guys have it easy, try following the seahawks :(

Lost again on sunday @Tampa and it was truly woeful. Injuries are shocking, already on our 3rd choice QB since Hasselbeck and Frye are injured. That pales into comparison with the WR positions, already used our 9th different WR this season so far and we have only played 6 games!!

The offence cannot get going and what looks like a decent defence on paper struggles to get any turnovers at all. This week we did not claim a 1st down in the 1st half and were lucky to only lose by the margin we did.

Hasselbeck did say that he thinks if the injuries clear up we can stil win the division but I don't see it this year.

A real shame as it is Mike Holmgren's last campaign as head coach for us.

Actually m8, the Hawks are my 2nd team. Took an interest in them way back before they moved to the NFC West - the days of Largent, Zorn, Craig and Warner (edit*: Kurt with a "K"). Supposed to hate them now as they're our rivals, but... I don't. So sue me. :cool:

He only lives about an hour away from me so I will go down at the weekend and knock some sense into him. :16331:

:ph34r: Don't make me have to hurt you!

I do support the Red Sox, though. :D Probably why they lost. :(

:ph34r: Don't make me have to hurt you!

I do support the Red Sox, though. :D Probably why they lost. :(

Hey what were you saying about the Rams DelP. :mutley:

Cowboys are at 5-3!! Big game next week vs. the Giants. Looks like Wembley got a great game with San Diego vs. New Orleans, good to see that game having a lot of points compared to last year's snooze-fest between the Giants and Dolphins.