Why wouldnt Celtic Football Club PLC not honor our brave Men and Women

sossyross

EVERY SPL team will wear special Remembrance Day jerseys next week.

The tribute will take place after poppy appeal organisers wrote to the 12 clubs asking them to wear the one-off kit - and all agreed.

Some clubs will have a small red poppy woven in to team jerseys on the day. Others will make their own tribute with players sporting a stick-on poppy.

Referees, their assistants and fourth officials will also join in the tribute by wearing a poppy on their outfits.

The jerseys will be worn in SPL matches to be played over the weekend of November 8-9. Remembrance Sunday falls on November 9 this year.

A spokeswoman for Poppyscotland, who used to be known as the Earl Haig Fund Scotland, said: "All the SPL clubs are involved and all their players will wear the special Scottish poppy which will greatly increase public awareness of the poppy appeal."

Last year, Hearts wore a special strip when they played a Remembrance Day match against Aberdeen at Tynecastle.

The decision was taken to honour the players of the legendary Hearts squad of season 1914-15, who died in World War I.

The club's entire first team squad had enlisted with the 16th Royal Scots, a battalion known as McCrae's Own.

Seven died in service. The strip worn by the Hearts players in 2007 had the names of the dead - John Allan, James Boyd, Duncan Currie, Ernest Ellis, Thomas Gracie, James Speedie and Harry Wattie - embroidered into the sleeve. The jersey also had a poppy on the chest.

Remembrance Day commemorates the sacrifices of members of the armed forces and of civilians since World War I.

Poppyscotland support war veterans and their dependants in Scotland. Last year the appeal raised a record s1.76million.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/editors-...86908-20849623/

They are honouring our troops ... for me, the point is why won't the fans of Celtic do it ???

when i walk into work every morning(bear in mind they are all tims - very strange) wearing my poppy with pride - they look at me as if im total scum.

ive been told by a timmy in work, dont know if its true that celtic will be wearing white poppys - which stand for peace;ironic isnt it!

instead of the red poppy that helps our soldiers.

Because they are the athletic wing of the ira and the enemy within this Country and why the fcuk dr death aka john reid was put in charge of Northern Ireland, Home Secretary, and Defence only bheggars belief when he was a known ira sympathiser ? blair should be brought to book for this ! :unionflag: :sherlock:

tbh i wouldnt like BRITISH soldiers walking around the hearts pitch whilst celtic were there . they would proberly get boo'd for being our nations heros

Anything to show these bastards up,the troops know they are appreciated by everyone apart from these confused

plastic paddys

Hearts should have military on the park tomorrow, if not then they should be ashamed, a lot of forces encamped nearby. Is the Tattoo not there every year in Edinburgh ? A show that brings the City in fortunes ? This is not about MONEY now this is about who we are ? :unionflag: :sherlock:

tbh i wouldnt like BRITISH soldiers walking around the hearts pitch whilst celtic were there . they would proberly get boo'd for being our nations heros

Anything to show these bastards up,the troops know they are appreciated by everyone apart from these confused

plastic paddys

Hearts should have military on the park tomorrow, if not then they should be ashamed, a lot of forces encamped nearby. Is the Tattoo not there every year in Edinburgh ? A show that brings the City in fortunes ? This is not about MONEY now this is about who we are ? :unionflag: :sherlock:

Aye the tattoo is still regular,i hope they do arrange something

when i walk into work every morning(bear in mind they are all tims - very strange) wearing my poppy with pride - they look at me as if im total scum.

ive been told by a timmy in work, dont know if its true that celtic will be wearing white poppys - which stand for peace;ironic isnt it!

Is that peace with hitler?

If they won't wear poppys why don't they go home (tu)

Dont know if anyone recalls,but a couple of seasons ago Celtic played St.Mirren at love St. on Armistace Sunday and the game was live on tv.

There was no minutes silence and the official word from St.Mirren was..........they were,nt instructed by the SPL to hold one.

There was a story going about at the time, and it seems to be fact that WEE CHICK YOUNG, was raging about this and stormed in to the directors bar at halftime

demanding to know way there was no minutes silence,embarressed the manks slipped off,and one of the Saints directors has supposed to have told wee

chick that there was no minutes silence because...........the Celtic support could not be trusted to keep silent during it so it was thought best not to have

one to save embarressment. Says it all about them,scum of the earth and deserve all the contempt thrown at them.

John Reid should be pulling out all the stops for Celtic to honour their heroes. After all he was one of the main reasons a lot of their comrades were blowen to bits in Iraq. As defence secretary he was quite happy for them to go in there n never gave them the proper fuckin equipment to do the job

Dont know if anyone recalls,but a couple of seasons ago Celtic played St.Mirren at love St. on Armistace Sunday and the game was live on tv.

There was no minutes silence and the official word from St.Mirren was..........they were,nt instructed by the SPL to hold one.

There was a story going about at the time, and it seems to be fact that WEE CHICK YOUNG, was raging about this and stormed in to the directors bar at halftime

demanding to know way there was no minutes silence,embarressed the manks slipped off,and one of the Saints directors has supposed to have told wee

chick that there was no minutes silence because...........the Celtic support could not be trusted to keep silent during it so it was thought best not to have

one to save embarressment. Says it all about them,scum of the earth and deserve all the contempt thrown at them.

Amazing. At least wee Chick has done one thing right in his lifetime.

White poppies? Surrender monkeys... :craphead: