It's time for Wenger to go

papaguy51

Controversial I know, but I feel it's time for 'The Professor' to go.

He's done all he can at Arsenal. His flat refusal to spend the fortune that he has available has left him with one of the best young squads in the world, but has also left him a fair distance adrift from Man Utd, Chelsea and possibly Liverpool.

I know it sounds crazy, but looking at it as Stoke go 2-0 with Arsenal down to 10 men, it's time for a change. A manager who can use the funds available to marry the great youth with some experience, but also play the 'Arsenal style' would be ideal.

Wouldn't mind Rijkaard getting the job, but it'll be a really hard one to take over.

He's done all he can at Arsenal. His flat refusal to spend the fortune that he has available has left him with one of the best young squads in the world, but has also left him a fair distance adrift from Man Utd, Chelsea and possibly Liverpool.

I know it sounds crazy, but looking at it as Stoke go 2-0 with Arsenal down to 10 men, it's time for a change. A manager who can use the funds available to marry the great youth with some experience, but also play the 'Arsenal style' would be ideal.

Wouldn't mind Rijkaard getting the job, but it'll be a really hard one to take over.

Is there money to spend though? I thought I heard there was no money for massive spendings etc, what with the costs of building the Emirates still being paid off?

Is there money to spend though? I thought I heard there was no money for massive spendings etc, what with the costs of building the Emirates still being paid off?

One of Arsenal's main directors said, at the start of the season, that Wenger could spend £30m on a single player if he so wished.

I like his ideals, but they wont win the premiership if they don't go out and spend money on the best players.

I guess the theory is that in 2-3 years time this team will be filled with the best players that they have reared but the reality is that there will always be great players around for the opposition to sign so you need to do what wenger is doing AND bring in current top players

I was thinking about this the other day, you feel with Wenger that he is unsackable, but its clear they won't win anything this year already and how much time will he be given to start challenging for the league again.

Also with Spurs/Villa/Man City all wanting to break into the top 4 and they now all seem to have the set ups to do so I think his time may be numbered

With the situation Arsenal are in, I'm sure they don't give a crap about winning the league. They'll make the CL every year and have a chance of winning it, and they can do that without spending Chelsea money.

Not give a crap about winning the league? Aye right you aren't going to want to win the PL, the competition that proves you are the best team over 38 games? Get real

usually papaguy i have a lot of respect for your posts but yer aff yer head with this one.

arsene wenger's magic, he wears a magic hat and when he see's the champions league he says im havin that!

IMO I think its time for Wenger to either go or change his whole ethos. This Arsenal team has no chance of winning anything despite its huge talent. The main problem is the defence canae defend. The two centre backs are bad enough as it is without forever being exposed by the rampaging forward runs of the two full backs (both of whom I rate highly BTW). They need more big game players. When was the last time Arsenal signed a big name player? The last massive signing they made was Bergkamp for christ sakes!!! Wenger has either got to accept that he cannot rely on kids coming this year, next year or 5 years down the line, Arsenal need top class players, especially a powerful box to box midfielder and a centre half, right now and unless he goes out signs these type of big players then he should go!!! Controversy indeed!!!

usually papaguy i have a lot of respect for your posts but yer aff yer head with this one.

arsene wenger's magic, he wears a magic hat and when he see's the champions league he says im havin that!

:lol:

I don't think its about money with Arsenal, i think the problem is they simply can't scrape a game. They play some nice football and when they win they're fantastic but to win a title you need to be able to grind wins out of situations where you're not playing well. Man U can do it, Chelsea constantly did it under Mourinho and Liverpool already have done it regularily this season. Arsenal just don't seem to ever be able to win while not playing well.

I don't think its about money with Arsenal, i think the problem is they simply can't scrape a game. They play some nice football and when they win they're fantastic but to win a title you need to be able to grind wins out of situations where you're not playing well. Man U can do it, Chelsea constantly did it under Mourinho and Liverpool already have done it regularily this season. Arsenal just don't seem to ever be able to win while not playing well.

I think that IS to do with money though.

They haven't bought the players that can scrape an ugly 1-0 or 2-1 win.

He's also turning into a complete and utter tosser and a very bad loser.

I'd maybe think about replacing him in the summer. Sagna and Walcott both got injured and van Persie got sent off so they might continue to struggle.

I think that IS to do with money though.

They haven't bought the players that can scrape an ugly 1-0 or 2-1 win.

Suppose thats true.

As for Wenger wasn't he promised a job for life at Arsenal? Would take alot of guts for them to go back on that.

we have crying out for a centre half in the mould of Adam for years the defence is awful, how Wrenger can think Song is a CH I will never ever know, Almunia just doesnt fill me with confidence

charlie? :mutley:

Glad you said that, that really really baffled me. Didn't ring any bells but I now realise he meant Tony Adams :mutley:

The problem with getting rid of Wenger is, who is up to the task of replacing him? He's built Arsenal into quite a unique side. If they get a guy in who plays ugly football, the fans will revolt for sure. Say what you want about Wenger, the guy knows what he's doing, and I don't think their bad results are all a reflection of his managerial prowess. He still has an incredibly young (but very talented) team, and it's fair to say they are going through some growing pains. They need to get leaders and tough players onto the pitch, they have too many flair players.