Harry Redknapp

He's a good enough manager, but i really doubt he's the man to turn them into top 4 challengers.

He's a great man manager and a decent enough tactician, but the easy ride he gets from the media helps him massively.

I knew he was a good manager when he had that great West Ham team back in the 90's, but I have to say that I thought he'd lost it when he left Pompey the first time around. Just saw him as another manager who had inherited a good side.

However when he came back to Pompey & built them up from scratch again, knew he was quality. I geniunely wanted him at Gers when Le Guen left. Nothing against Walter, but I really think he would have been a breath of fresh air!

fuck him, and fuck his team - they have burst 2 of my coupons in the last 7 days :craphead:

im staying a million miles away from spurs from now on :bouncy:

:lol: :lol:

To be honest, I would have put money on him turing out to be a coupon buster.

Spurs have done well obviously, but they've still got a lot of hard work to do. If any of their defence.....in fact any of their players, gets injured in the near future they're buggered! If they can keep it going until January though they may well just manage to stay up.

Edit: I never bet on the gers now. I had a fiver on Ally McCoist to score the first goal AND Gers to win the Scottish Cup final in 1989. Thought I'd jinxed them & swore never to bet on them again. Then last month, one of my mates told me that Hill's were giving you 5/6 on Gers to beat St Mirren with St's getting a 1 goal start! <_<

I SWARE never to bet on Gers ever again!!!!

I don't know about us being buggered if anyone gets injured, L.O.C. We've got one of the biggest squads in the Premier League - so much so that players like Giovani Dos Santos couldn't even find a place on the bench vs Liverpool. The only place we're light is up front, but all the while we're playing 1 up top, having 3 strikers on your books isn't all that detrimental.

'Arry is a genius ^_^ Such a breath of fresh air. It's like having an English Martin Jol back at the Lane.

I don't know about us being buggered if anyone gets injured, L.O.C. We've got one of the biggest squads in the Premier League - so much so that players like Giovani Dos Santos couldn't even find a place on the bench vs Liverpool. The only place we're light is up front, but all the while we're playing 1 up top, having 3 strikers on your books isn't all that detrimental.

'Arry is a genius ^_^ Such a breath of fresh air. It's like having an English Martin Jol back at the Lane.

What do you think about Ledley King?

He managed to play three games in a week there, which was good for him, but I find it weird that so many people are so patient with him! He's just so unreliable.

A great player, but does anyone down at the Lane think you should be cutting your losses with him?

He managed to play three games in a week there, which was good for him, but I find it weird that so many people are so patient with him! He's just so unreliable.

A great player, but does anyone down at the Lane think you should be cutting your losses with him?

I wrote this on 31-3-2008:

Should Ledley King Leave?

Crazy thought, eh?

He's, to my mind, our best defender - even better than Woodgate. He should arguably have been starting for England for the last 4 years, and if I'd had my way, he would have. He's our loyal captain. And now I suggest we dump him? Bare with me.

Ledley, along with Berbatov, are my favourite players. If Ledley King was to retire tomorrow, he'd go down as a Tottenham legend. A true great. But is he really what we need right now?

Ledley has a problem, and that problem is stopping him from playing much. He cannot seem to string more than a game or two together, and no more than one a week. Sure, when he can play, a quite brilliant partnership of Woodgate and King are is made possible, but when it's not, we're forced to select a less than fantastic partner for Woody. This is a problem on a number of levels. For starters, the best partnerships are the ones that are allowed to grow. You only have to look a little further up the pitch to see proof of this in Robbie Keane and Dimi Berbatov. Keeping Ledley is stopping our defence from doing this, as it's ever changing to accommodate Ledley when he's fit. When Ledley's not fit, we're forced to play alternatives such as Dawson (who isn't good enough, in my opinion) and Kaboul (who isn't ready, in my opinion). We need to be able to go out and get a centre back who will be able to partner Woodgate week in, week out. It's the only way our defence will ever improve. I'm not Dawson's biggest fan, but our best defensive record in living memory for me was when our defence consisted, almost weekly, of Dawson and King (and Salty and Lee either side for that matter). If we're to attract a genuine, World class defender, he isn't going to be sold on the line, 'you'll play whenever King isn't fit, but he'll always be chosen over you when he's ready'. Another reason is the matter of captaincy. He's the club captain, but there are times when we need a leader on the pitch, and I'm not sure it's ideal that we're normally being lead by our 2nd or even 3rd in command on the pitch. A forth and final reason is the wages. Ledley is one of the top earners at Spurs. He takes what is reported as between £48k and £60k a week home. I love Ledley as much as everyone else, but surely you have to look beyond sentiment and realise that it just doesn't make sense paying someone who'll play only sparingly that kind of money. It could be spent on a replacement - one who'll play every week.

I'm not sure how this will go down, as it's quite controversial, and I'm expecting a few people who'll disagree completely, which I'm open to. I'm just putting forward the suggestion that maybe it'd be best if we went our separate ways.

It's such a hard call to be honest fella. He is the best central defender I've seen in my lifetime, and I've seen some cracking defenders. He's possibly the most underrated player in World football, and this has come a lack of exposure at a United or a Chelsea, and a lack of International football, largely through injuries as well as having to compete with the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell and Woodate for position over the years. I genuinely believe that if Ledley had left for Chelsea 4 years ago (when there was talk within the club we'd rejected a massive offer for him) and he hadn't been stuck down by injury, he'd be considered the best defender in Britain, and definitely one of the best in the World. Having said that, I've argued from the opposite point in the quote above.

I love Ledders, but I really don't know what's best :(

I wrote this on 31-3-2008:

Should Ledley King Leave?

Crazy thought, eh?

He's, to my mind, our best defender - even better than Woodgate. He should arguably have been starting for England for the last 4 years, and if I'd had my way, he would have. He's our loyal captain. And now I suggest we dump him? Bare with me.

Ledley, along with Berbatov, are my favourite players. If Ledley King was to retire tomorrow, he'd go down as a Tottenham legend. A true great. But is he really what we need right now?

Ledley has a problem, and that problem is stopping him from playing much. He cannot seem to string more than a game or two together, and no more than one a week. Sure, when he can play, a quite brilliant partnership of Woodgate and King are is made possible, but when it's not, we're forced to select a less than fantastic partner for Woody. This is a problem on a number of levels. For starters, the best partnerships are the ones that are allowed to grow. You only have to look a little further up the pitch to see proof of this in Robbie Keane and Dimi Berbatov. Keeping Ledley is stopping our defence from doing this, as it's ever changing to accommodate Ledley when he's fit. When Ledley's not fit, we're forced to play alternatives such as Dawson (who isn't good enough, in my opinion) and Kaboul (who isn't ready, in my opinion). We need to be able to go out and get a centre back who will be able to partner Woodgate week in, week out. It's the only way our defence will ever improve. I'm not Dawson's biggest fan, but our best defensive record in living memory for me was when our defence consisted, almost weekly, of Dawson and King (and Salty and Lee either side for that matter). If we're to attract a genuine, World class defender, he isn't going to be sold on the line, 'you'll play whenever King isn't fit, but he'll always be chosen over you when he's ready'. Another reason is the matter of captaincy. He's the club captain, but there are times when we need a leader on the pitch, and I'm not sure it's ideal that we're normally being lead by our 2nd or even 3rd in command on the pitch. A forth and final reason is the wages. Ledley is one of the top earners at Spurs. He takes what is reported as between £48k and £60k a week home. I love Ledley as much as everyone else, but surely you have to look beyond sentiment and realise that it just doesn't make sense paying someone who'll play only sparingly that kind of money. It could be spent on a replacement - one who'll play every week.

I'm not sure how this will go down, as it's quite controversial, and I'm expecting a few people who'll disagree completely, which I'm open to. I'm just putting forward the suggestion that maybe it'd be best if we went our separate ways.

It's such a hard call to be honest fella. He is the best central defender I've seen in my lifetime, and I've seen some cracking defenders. He's possibly the most underrated player in World football, and this has come a lack of exposure at a United or a Chelsea, and a lack of International football, largely through injuries as well as having to compete with the likes of Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell and Woodate for position over the years. I genuinely believe that if Ledley had left for Chelsea 4 years ago (when there was talk within the club we'd rejected a massive offer for him) and he hadn't been stuck down by injury, he'd be considered the best defender in Britain, and definitely one of the best in the World. Having said that, I've argued from the opposite point in the quote above.

I love Ledders, but I really don't know what's best :(

Great article mate, and one that I agree with totally. It's so hard to call.

Only thing I can say is this - If Spurs do get to where they want to / should be, he won't cope.

For the size of the club, Spurs should be competing in the latter stages of both domestic cups and the UEFA Cup (at least) each year. That's three games a week for most of the season.

Can you really afford to continue with King? I'd say no, but he IS brilliant when he plays.

take a bow youve turned a failing team around in 3 games :unionflag:

He has done a good job and Im not taking anything away from him, but they were really lucky against liverpool and Arsenal IMO !! But may be this is what they needed to kick start thier season, so good luck to them

fuck him, and fuck his team - they have burst 2 of my coupons in the last 7 days :craphead:

im staying a million miles away from spurs from now on :bouncy:

same mate hes a good manager but hes not excatly loyal to the club is he ?

I dont support any PS team (apart from when their playing the tims) but i know that Spurs have landed themselfs with a good manager ,obviously, but will it last player usually perk up a bit when they have a new manager.

Good on Redknapp. 4-4 thats something anyway 2 goals in 2(ish) minutes <cr>

Jokes that have unfortunately passed their sell by date :(

This kid was beaten very badly by his parents. He runs away and goes to his grand parents. Tells them his sorry story . They beat him too.

He is speechless for a while. then he recovers and says

take me to Tottenham,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

They ask him why ?

He says : They do not beat anybody !

A tourist is in North London one Saturday and he decides he would very much like to go to a football match, so he asks a man in the street if there are any local matches being played that afternoon.

"Well," replies the man, "the Arsenal ground is very close but they're playing away today. If you feel you really must see a match, the Tottenham ground is not that far away. You go straight down this road and you'll see two queues, a big queue and a small queue.

You should go to the small queue because the big one is for the fish and chip shop.

After Tottenham's crap start to the season, a Spurs fan went to White Hart Lane and nailed his season ticket to the gates in disgust. He went back the next morning after having a change of heart only to find some cunt had nicked the nail

Did you hear that Juande Ramos was clocked doing 169mph on the M1 coming back from Stoke? Apparently he was just so desperate for three points.

David Blaine was gutted today to find out that his record for spending 48 days in a box doing absolutely nothing has just been broken by Darren Bent of Spurs, England.

To be honest.

I ain't going to give him any credit and i'll explain why

Harry Redknapp hasn't just came in and taken over a load of bums and got them some points. Hes taken over a squad which has cost millions. They didn't want to play under Juande Ramos. They didn't care. Many examples of this. Bentley's interview (twat), woodgate's interview and so on.

Harry has just picked the team.

Its simply decent enough players wanting to play well. Nothing special about it.