Adams Reveals Viera Interest

Portsmouth manager Tony Adams plans to speak with Inter Milan about the availability of Patrick Vieira.

Adams was appointed as the new manager at Fratton Park on Tuesday following Harry Redknapp's sudden move to Tottenham and he is looking to put his own stamp on the squad.

He has identified former Arsenal team-mate Vieira as one of his top targets and will be contacting Jose Mourinho in the near future.

Vieira, who left Arsenal in 2005, has struggled with injuries in recent times and is entering the twilight of his career, but Adams believes the 32-year-old would still have plenty to offer.

"He is definitely a player I'd like to bring here if he was available," Adams told the Sunday Mirror.

"I will be speaking to Inter manager Jose Mourinho and asking about him.

"With Patrick you know what you are getting - he is a proven winner and a great character."

Ready for fight

A number of Pompey players have been linked with moves away from the South Coast and reports suggest that Redknapp may try to raid his former club in the January transfer window.

However, Adams is ready for the fight and has made it clear to his bosses that he will leave if he is undermined.

He explained: "I told them at the club if you sell my players, I will walk.

"That would be cutting my throat. There would be every chance we would be relegated.

"Without good players, you can't do anything

Despite his advancing years and injury problems I said yesterday that Arsenal should move for him and I stand by that.

Arsenal will only sign players that need a parental consent form.

It would be funny if it wasn't true :lol:

Seriously though Arsenal are in dire need of some real leadership and inspiration in the middle of the park and even if he was only there for a year or 18 months I think Viera could really help them.

I can't help but sympathise with Wenger at the current time. His team were simply kicked off the park by a gang of thugs who had no intention of playing football, yet it's his players who are the cowards?

They definitely need a big, strong midfield enforcer to give them some bite in the middle. M'bia, Sissoko, Gatusso, Renato, Veloso and Palacios are just some names that spring to mind, be it for the short-term or long-term.

I can't help but sympathise with Wenger at the current time. His team were simply kicked off the park by a gang of thugs who had no intention of playing football, yet it's his players who are the cowards?

I agree with Wenger. The tackle on Adebayor was cynical and completely unnecessary. I didn't agree with him in bringing Delap's tackle up because that kind of tackle happens in every game, it was the fall that caused the injury. If Wenger is going to critcise others though for being thugs maybe he should take a look at RVP's sending off. That wasn't football.

Arsenal definately need a hard tackling midfielder. Yaya Toure would be a good signing for them.

I agree with Wenger. The tackle on Adebayor was cynical and completely unnecessary. I didn't agree with him in bringing Delap's tackle up because that kind of tackle happens in every game, it was the fall that caused the injury. If Wenger is going to critcise others though for being thugs maybe he should take a look at RVP's sending off. That wasn't football.

Arsenal definately need a hard tackling midfielder. Yaya Toure would be a good signing for them.

I think the Van Persie incident was more out of frustration, it wasnt malicious.

I was going to say Toure, but i'd be shocked if he ended up in the EPL.

I think the Van Persie incident was more out of frustration, it wasnt malicious.

I wouldn't be shocked at all. It is exactly the kind of player Arsenal need. Flamini gave them a little grit but without him, they really lack it. Diaby was meant to be the next Viera but he just isn't.

I wouldn't be shocked at all. It is exactly the kind of player Arsenal need. Flamini gave them a little grit but without him, they really lack it. Diaby was meant to be the next Viera but he just isn't.

I agree, but the rumour in Spain is that Italy is his preferred destination and Juventus are very interested.

I agree, but the rumour in Spain is that Italy is his preferred destination and Juventus are very interested.

I read a few rumours he wanted to play with Kolo but I never know what rumours to listen too. Cracking player though (tu).