Jorge Valdano

Fiogh

Seems like an intersting guy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7690933.stm

Among the favourite vices of sports journalism is the need to individualise success and failure. It is inevitable that has applied to Maradona. You cannot compete with genius. You must embrace it and enjoy it.

Maradona was the great reference point of that team and it is true that the memory enhances his image at that time while reducing that of the collective unit but it was a great team of mature players who could live, on and off the pitch, with the genius of Diego.

Yeah, it was a good read. His assessment of Mascherano was rather absurd though.

The quote about how the art of improvisation goes hand in hand with great football was the highlight of the article. Such a simple, true and effective quote.

Yeah, it was a good read. His assessment of Mascherano was rather absurd though.

The quote about how the art of improvisation goes hand in hand with great football was the highlight of the article. Such a simple, true and effective quote.

Made a pleasant change from Chicks Cliches anyway :craphead:

Not that I read his column very often :shifty:

Made a pleasant change from Chicks Cliches anyway :craphead:

Not that I read his column very often :shifty:

I usually read Chick's column for a laugh. Some of his quotes are just hilariously bad.

"McGeady makes turnstiles click like machine gun fire" has to be the best metaphor i've heard from any Scottish journalist, period.