*** Rm Erskine Rec Fund – Now Accepting Donations & Members!

govanblue

The RM Erskine Lunch Fund Patrons 2014/2015

Current membership: 133

• 10pshortof17pound
  • 54 @ counting
  • 72Barca
  • Adda
  • As I Was Walking....
  • Beaujolais
  • Bears r us
  • Bellshill_Bear
  • Bertent
  • better than all the rest
  • bettertogether
  • Big Al II
  • billscott
  • bishopsgateloyal
  • BlueboyG
  • bluepeter
  • Bluepeter9
  • Bobby Hume
  • Brianfantana
  • broxieman
  • broxiteddy19
  • BroxiK
  • bump
  • Bydo
  • Cairo1
  • Calio
  • Carling1873
  • Carsons Army
  • cooper007
  • Courtyard Bear
  • CrackFox
  • cruixranger
  • cstamomusa
  • D’Artagnan
  • DAVIE8CH
  • dexiboy
  • drewgardiner88
  • dummiesoot
  • Dunny_01
  • eck the bear
  • eejay the dj
  • EKCO
  • eskbankloyal
  • falcoholic
  • fermblue
  • fraz1ross
  • G13
  • GerBearette21
  • GF7
  • gmcf
  • govanblue
  • govansw1
  • HairyBeary
  • Hairy Rz
  • HG5
  • Hoosier Ranger
  • iain1712
  • ianb1547
  • Ibrox_Nights
  • Inigo
  • jamess
  • Jasper Blues
  • JCDBigBear
  • JohnH
  • johntee
  • Jonok
  • JR
  • Jules Winnfield
  • Kai_Johansen
  • Kaiser1041
  • Keeps01
  • Laptoplulu
  • LSGers
  • M4XGERSBF3
  • Malvern
  • markem
  • Mr Brightside
  • mus
  • NamibianBear
  • newlanarkboy
  • nine4eight
  • OffshoreWorker
  • One Jock Wallace
  • OnslowDriver
  • only14me
  • paisleyroad
  • paulreid
  • Perth_Campsie_Ger
  • Phil
  • Pure_Quality
  • pye1965
  • quinty
  • RangersChat
  • Redsox1
  • RFC#1.
  • RFC Eagle
  • rfc_watp
  • rossco87
  • robg58
  • saltire266
  • sammy cox
  • sandyboyblue
  • showtime69
  • smidro
  • SoldierBlue1
  • Sparkle
  • Sportingintegritymyarse
  • sprintervanman
  • STEPBOY99
  • SW3
  • Sweetheart
  • Sweettartangirl
  • Taipan
  • TFP77
  • thebluedoo
  • TheBest-Simples
  • The Ghost
  • The Hammer 11
  • The_Ibrox_Preacher
  • TheQueensEleven
  • thistleman
  • Travelrug
  • Treble99
  • trublusince1982
  • Wednesday Loyal
  • Wee Bud
  • wotmeworry
  • Wullie72
  • Wullies_bowly_legs
  • Young Bob
  • Young Conqueror
  • ZZed

RM Erskine Lunch Fund – Emergency Measures Required MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

So we'll be buying a dozen tickets v Motherwell for Erskine, and about a dozen for Combat Stress. That's already been agreed, we've got the money for them, and that's all excellent!

But when I was talking to Carol at Erskine Park last time, she was talking about one of her residents. Let’s call him Cammy for now.

Cammy is in his forties, one of Erskine Park’s younger residents.

As I understand it, he was in an accident some years ago, and the injuries he received have left him permanently wheelchair-bound.

Apparently he is the biggest bluenose you’ll ever meet. :21:

Unfortunately, Cammy has been unable to take advantage of any of the tickets we’ve provided for Erskine this season or last, because of the wheelchair.

It’s well documented that wheelchair seats are heavily over-subscribed at Ibrox, and the only time Erskine get wheelchair tickets is for things like the Armed Forces Day. But even then, the tickets go to Erskine Glasgow and Erskine Bishopton, so Cammy and the other wheelchair users in Erskine Park and Erskine Mains have never had a chance of any of them. :(

We’ve managed to get a couple of wheelchair users in before – but only ones who can manage one or two steps with assistance – then we can buy them an aisle seat in Row C of the enclosure, and they can enter via the wheelchair access, and hobble up the two steps to the seat. Not so with Cammy. He is 100% wheelchair bound, and has not made a single game.

It’s obvious when you hear Carol talk about Cammy that it’s breaking her heart not getting him to a game, and therefore it’s now breaking mine too, and I'm unable to ignore it. :(

So as I see it, there are two possibilities:

1. Somebody reading this can get a hold of an unused wheelchair ticket, and donate it to us.

Although this has happened before (thanks again to Co. Armagh RSCs for that!) it was a one-off and it's very unlikely that there will be any spare for this game, given its popularity and the lack of time.

2. So that leaves only one other option – Hospitality!

It’s expensive (£130 per person) and we can‘t really afford it, but fuck it, I’m not going to let that stop us.

So I’m sorry, but this may well require another emergency fundraiser. I know I promised there would be no more this season, but tough - I'd rather break a promise to you guys than do nothing for that guy. :thumbup:

That's what I thought folks. (tu)

I'll stick myself down for a tenner too.

What we'll do is wait until I've confirmed that Erskine can make proper use of it, and see how much the cost will be per member, based on how many pledges we get here between now and Monday.

I'm thinking it would be nice for Cammy to have some company, so we should probably look at two Residents and 2 Carers?

I've emailed Rangers for a quote, but they probably won't get back to me until Monday.

Hi Govanblue, Please PM me or advise if it can be paypal and I will send the 130 pounds,

Thanks

Fantastic gesture but I hope it's not needed and we can spread it around a bit and still get Cammy there.

GB , put me down for 10 too.

Hi Govanblue, Please PM me or advise if it can be paypal and I will send the 130 pounds,

Thanks

PM sent mate.

Much as it pains me to say it, that donation may be just tooo generous for us to accept in its current form! :D

Or maybe not - depends how the other members react. ;)

Fantastic gesture but I hope it's not needed and we can spread it around a bit and still get Cammy there.

GB , put me down for 10 too.

Agreed.

We have had a kind of unofficial limit of £50 per donation recently. Although some smartasses managed to get round that by donating twice! :lol:

£50 is the cost to provide a Home with a year's subscription to Rangers TV or a year's programme subscription. So £50 is a good limit to work with.

RM Erskine Lunch Fund Emergency Measures Required

So we'll be buying a dozen tickets v Motherwell for Erskine, and about a dozen for Combat Stress. That's already been agreed, we've got the money for them, and that's all excellent!

But when I was talking to Carol at Erskine Park last time, she was talking about one of her residents. Lets call him Cammy for now.

Cammy is in his forties, one of Erskine Parks younger residents.

As I understand it, he was in an accident some years ago, and the injuries he received have left him permanently wheelchair-bound.

Apparently he is the biggest bluenose youll ever meet. :21:

Unfortunately, Cammy has been unable to take advantage of any of the tickets weve provided for Erskine this season or last, because of the wheelchair.

Its well documented that wheelchair seats are heavily over-subscribed at Ibrox, and the only time Erskine get wheelchair tickets is for things like the Armed Forces Day. But even then, the tickets go to Erskine Glasgow and Erskine Bishopton, so Cammy and the other wheelchair users in Erskine Park and Erskine Mains have never had a chance of any of them. :(

Weve managed to get a couple of wheelchair users in before but only ones who can manage one or two steps with assistance then we can buy them an aisle seat in Row C of the enclosure, and they can enter via the wheelchair access, and hobble up the two steps to the seat. Not so with Cammy. He is 100% wheelchair bound, and has not made a single game.

Its obvious when you hear Carol talk about Cammy that its breaking her heart not getting him to a game, and therefore its now breaking mine too, and I'm unable to ignore it. :(

So as I see it, there are two possibilities:

1. Somebody reading this can get a hold of an unused wheelchair ticket, and donate it to us.

Although this has happened before (thanks again to Co. Armagh RSCs for that!) it was a one-off and it's very unlikely that there will be any spare for this game, given its popularity and the lack of time.

2. So that leaves only one other option Hospitality!

Its expensive (£130 per person) and we cant really afford it, but fuck it, Im not going to let that stop us.

So Im sorry, but this may well require another emergency fundraiser. I know I promised there would be no more this season, but tough - I'd rather break a promise to you guys than do nothing for that guy. :thumbup:

I'm in for £20 - I'll transfer it in the morning - also see my PM

Hey mate,

Never donated before so this seems like a good time to start. Put me down for a tenner.

Can you PM me the details of how to transfer the money?

Brilliant. :thumbup: Welcome to the Erskine Lunch Fund.

I can tell you how to donate here. It's pretty simple...

1. Donate via Paypal, using this link...

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/forum/donate.html

2. On the PayPal page, look for a link called "add special instructions" - you should put your RM Username in there, to help us identify your donation

3. That's it - then just PM me to let me know. (I don't get to see the PayPal figures until later, so until then, I only know if you PM me)

I've asked existing members to hold off until I get a final figure, but since you're a first time donor, It's ok for you to donate now, to get your membership sorted. :D

Good News -

I was unable to haggle saltire266 any lower :pipe:

So a big thank you to RM Erskine Lunch Fund Member # 106 - saltire266 - whose magnificent donation of £124.28 (after bank charges!) will pay for Cammy's hospitality ticket in full (and some change) :clap::clap::clap:

So the rest of us need to scrape up another £300 between us to ensure that Cammy has some company. :21: