Wes Foderingham- Welcome to Rangers!

craigrfcc

Don't want to sound negative etc but it's a bit uninspiring that we're signing all these league 1 type players. That's what Inverness, Motherwell etc do.

Fuck craig whyte.

Hate this attitude.

Who do you suggest we sign? Overrated, billy big times just like last season? Put the wages through the roof again?

Last time I checked Inverness and Motherwell are Premiership sides, we are not. We are not at the level were we can sign the likes of Jelavic, Bougherra and Mendes. If teams like Inverness can establish themselves as a Premiership side and win the Scottish Cup with League 1 type players who are we to turn our noses at them when we couldn't even get promoted from the division below Inverness? Motherwell pumped us 6-1 with those League 1 types.

Dunno if you watch League 1 down south much but I'd go out on a limb and say it's a better standard than the Scottish Championship and alot of their sides are probably better than most of the Scottish Championship and even lower end Premiership sides.

For me I know there is quality down there, Warburton has a better knowledge than any of us of those leagues and I personally trust him to pick out the best players of those divisions and bring them here. Give me hungry, determined players over those players having to come down a division, more than likely overpaid and find them unmotivated against weaker opposition week-in-week-out.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate this attitude.

Who do you suggest we sign? Overrated, billy big times just like last season? Put the wages through the roof again?

Last time I checked Inverness and Motherwell are Premiership sides, we are not. We are not at the level were we can sign the likes of Jelavic, Bougherra and Mendes. If teams like Inverness can establish themselves as a Premiership side and win the Scottish Cup with League 1 type players who are we to turn our noses at them when we couldn't even get promoted from the division below Inverness? Motherwell pumped us 6-1 with those League 1 types.

Dunno if you watch League 1 down south much but I'd go out on a limb and say it's a better standard than the Scottish Championship and alot of their sides are probably better than most of the Scottish Championship and even lower end Premiership sides.

For me I know there is quality down there, Warburton has a better knowledge than any of us of those leagues and I personally trust him to pick out the best players of those divisions and bring them here. Give me hungry, determined players over those players having to come down a division, more than likely overpaid and find them unmotivated against weaker opposition week-in-week-out.

Spot on. Some people seem to be living in denial re - the situation we are currently in. We should be delighted we have a manager who is intent in dragging the club into the modern era, using his knowledge of the English leagues to sign hungry players who still have ambitions to reach the top of their profession. It seems the lessons of the past three wasted years have bypassed some on here.

Mark Warburton has given me more hope and confidence in the direction he is taking us than almost anyone else in my 40 plus years of attending games.

Mention should (imo) also be given to Craig Mulholland who shares this philosophy.

Exciting years lie ahead so lets embrace them

Spot on. Some people seem to be living in denial re - the situation we are currently in. We should be delighted we have a manager who is intent in dragging the club into the modern era, using his knowledge of the English leagues to sign hungry players who still have ambitions to reach the top of their profession. It seems the lessons of the past three wasted years have bypassed some on here.

Mark Warburton has given me more hope and confidence in the direction he is taking us than almost anyone else in my 40 plus years of attending games.

Mention should (imo) also be given to Craig Mulholland who shares this philosophy.

This all day long. Spot on.

(tu)

It's just so refreshing and finally it seems like we've been moved into a modern era like you quite rightly suggested.

It'll take time, the days of the norm Rangers philosophy of opening the cheque book and trying to fix things overnight are gone, a focus is being put on what happens on the training ground, scouring the British isles for value that can be developed and sold on for a higher fee than paid for. It's the blueprint we should have been following years ago, especially when we were demoted to the bottom tier, but less said about that the better.

It's happening now and I personally am sitting back and lapping it up.

Don't see how this is anything but a positive signing if we manage to get him, the guy is young and highly regarded with teams in the championship after him and we are lacking in the goalkeeping department.

Really excited for the coming season, hopefully we get a few more in soon and can hit the ground running.

Great post.

Hate this attitude.

Yeah, I agree. The way I see it Warburton is looking for players who can get better but are not yet able to break into the big time. It is not the same as signing players of a particular league's standard, but of finding players that need that extra bit of coaching, exposure to big time games and so on. That's who he is targeting.

Certainly likes to parry the ball out as I see on you tube, not a fan of that but if it gets cleared that'll do me. Young, hungry and focussed, looked great on the clips but every goalie would, maybe the kind of keeper we need. Also agile.

Certainly likes to parry the ball out as I see on you tube, not a fan of that but if it gets cleared that'll do me. Young, hungry and focussed, looked great on the clips but every goalie would, maybe the kind of keeper we need. Also agile.

It seems to be the done thing these days, I don't know if it's got something to do with the balls but most decent shots seem to be parried rather than caught. European keepers have been doing it for years.

Yeah, I agree. The way I see it Warburton is looking for players who can get better but are not yet able to break into the big time. It is not the same as signing players of a particular league's standard, but of finding players that need that extra bit of coaching, exposure to big time games and so on. That's who he is targeting.

This is kind of how i see it as well! Good players who aren't quite where they should be.

Birmingham after him aswell as a few other clubs

I can't see this one happening if there's championship clubs offering bigger wages and a number 1 place as he's not got a transfer fee which is attractive to many