Durie & Jim Henry Leave Rangers

He had 1.5 very good seasons (second half of 93/94 and the whole of 95/96)

Outwith that, he was a very, very average player

player

He wasn't particularly popular with the fans either, whereas Novo was idolized by a massive percentage of them

That's my opinion, Durie may not technically been the best but he was a cracking no 9 who linked up well and brought others into the game and certainly played his part in 9 in a row.

Novo also was a fans favourite and a legend in his own way but would he have been a 1st pick in that team back then?

As I say for me Durie was a legend.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durie played in more than 125 games. Those are just his league stats. He played-in the CL for us and scored against Dortmund and Famagusta (I'm sure) the latter strike being a crucial goal. Legend might be stretching it a but but he should be remembered as a fine Ranger nonetheless. Of course, this all counts for nothing where his coaching ability is concerned.

Durrant came back to us from Killie with a reputation as a very bright youth coach. Maybe MW feels he can still contribute at that level?

Henry has obviously failed and has been quite rightly punted!

I feel the word legend gets banded around far too easily much in the same way as world class does. For me players like Durie, Novo or Ricksen all played their part in our various successes but imo they all fall well short of being regarded as Legends

For me the likes of Meiklejohn, Young, Struth, Morton, McPhail, Greig, Baxter & Gough should set the standard required other wise the term becomes meaningless.

Spot on. For me the hall of fame has lost some of it appeal by including the likes of Ricksen, McCulloch, Amoruso etc.

Yes, all contributed alot for us but do they really deserve to take place alongside the likes of Greig, Jardine & Baxter? Not for me I'm afraid.

That's my opinion, Durie may not technically been the best but he was a cracking no 9 who linked up well and brought others into the game and certainly played his part in 9 in a row.

Novo also was a fans favourite and a legend in his own way but would he have been a 1st pick in that team back then?

As I say for me Durie was a legend.

The idea of a legend depends mainly on ones own view so that will always cause differences of opinion.

Gordon Durie isn't a legend.

Barry Ferguson is nothing but a wee ned.

Lee McCulloch is a money grabbing leech.

Add into that the various insults aimed at you know who over the last few months.

We think highly of our ex players on here...

Barry Ferguson is a wee ned, great player though!

Durie doesn't really rate as a 'legend', but is certainly a folklore 'hero', same as Novo IMO.

Jig isn't a legend, and at the mo is probably not considered a 'hero', but I think in time this will change.

Have you ever been in the company of Barry?

He is not a Ned. Yes as a young boy the media gave him this image but he is a decent guy. Very family orientated and bacause he had a skinhead he is called everything.

I fucking cannot stand how players leave this club and suddenly become wanks to fans. I would bite your hand off for a Barry Ferguson in our team, a true leader.

He was and is a legend in our club.

He is not a Ned. Yes as a young boy the media gave him this image but he is a decent guy. Very family orientated and bacause he had a skinhead he is called everything.

I fucking cannot stand how players leave this club and suddenly become wanks to fans. I would bite your hand off for a Barry Ferguson in our team, a true leader.

I've met him a few times he's a decent guy and quite friendly, his dads the same who i met many years ago on a building site funnily enough.

Whoosh!

Speaking to a guy at work who knows calum Gallagher says mw is a breath of fresh air and they have a schedule for pre season, players know what they will be working on for the next 2-3 weeks and each session has a rating of effort. Also said we would be playing 4-3-3 regardless. Also said none of the players liked henry or respected him. Seems all the players and the young ones have the motivation to play for mw.

Speaking to a guy at work who knows calum Gallagher says mw is a breath of fresh air and they have a schedule for pre season, players know what they will be working on for the next 2-3 weeks and each session has a rating of effort. Also said we would be playing 4-3-3 regardless. Also said none of the players liked henry or respected him. Seems all the players and the young ones have the motivation to play for mw.

Their motivation should be to play and respect our Club, they have been given a chance most Young players dream off. I think King and the new board are just bloodsuckers but i will still go and watch my Club.

That's the way it should always be Players & Boards come and go Rangers still Remain.

He had 1.5 very good seasons (second half of 93/94 and the whole of 95/96)

Outwith that, he was a very, very average player

He wasn't particularly popular with the fans either, whereas Novo was idolized by a massive percentage of them

Very harsh assessment of a guy who had a decent shot, good pace, and was very good in the air. Must've been close to 50caps for Scotland too, as well as playing at Chelsea and Spurs. With all respect to Nacho, I wouldn't have considered him as good technically but the wee man was a warrior and scored important goals.