Nicky Law

bluenoz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to go even further than the OP and predict Law & Templeton will be standouts under MW.

If it goes tits up - I'l blame the summer heat....

I think the same, I also think one of McKay or Walsh will play the opposite side of temps and all three will be important players under Warburton... If I'm wrong I'll blame the summer heat, a slight hangover and the fact I've just been watching highlights of Michael laudrup on YouTube for some reason :lol:

If Nicky Law can't perform for the manager who essentially made him that who can he perform for? Nicky Law shit out of a tackle with his BROTHER. Me and my brothers have hit each other harder fs. Never gives 100% in a tackle and can only seem to curl a ball.

What really sums Law up is last season I watched him, the ball went out for a throw in and Foster came over to take it and he instantly turned his back and when he did turn to face the ball he constantly looked around never making eye contact with who had the ball. Also the QOS game at Ibrox (play off) when they scored their right back had the ball for about 10 seconds before he crossed it and Law jogged over stuck his leg up instead of breaking his neck trying to get infront of the ball. A complete let down of a player.

I don't rate Law or Shiels at all. In fact, our lack of attacking options is concerning. Brentford did well but they managed to loan in some players of quality like Toral and Pritchard. Players that can make things happen cost money and we don't know how much we have. I think I, and many others, will feel better once we start seeing attacking midfielders and a goal-scorer come in.

Where is the evidence for that claim? He hasn't been a manager long enough for that to be proven.

If you have been sitting with you fingers in your ears or eyes closed then maybe I suppose you could think Law would have a chance under MW...

Im going to go even further than the OP and predict Law & Templeton will be standouts under MW.

If it goes tits up - I'l blame the summer heat....

So far there's the predictable posts from the usual dickheads suspects who continuously slag Gers players just for the hell of it, and those who believe there might just be a footballer in Nicky Law, just another repetitive meaningless thread which has been done 100 times before.

But this post indicates something far more interesting and leads me on to Lee Wallace.

When Wallace and Templeton played together initially they had a great understanding down the flank, and Black, who had played with them at Hearts was imo helping that partnership along. This all allowed Law the space to fit in the central midfield using the space made by those three and turning in some of his best performances.

As we now know, Wallace went from being one of the best full backs in Scotland, potential long term Rangers captain, to just another dispirited player in the Ally regime, Templeton was totally bombed out in favour of Aird (no disrespect to Aird, but he was never ever going to be a better footballer than Templeton.) Black lost the plot, and Law was left in no-man's land watching a non-existant midfield, useless defence and strikers who could not hit the barn door with a banjo. Ally's reward for this clusterfuck was gardening leave on full money.

Do we think Wallace, Templeton, Law could be succesful in a confident, ball playing, positive, fast passing modern thinking team ?

The answer from me is a big yes. Let's hope it works out for all three.

Do we think Wallace, Templeton, Law could be succesful in a confident, ball playing, positive, fast passing modern thinking team ?

The answer from me is a big yes. Let's hope it works out for all three.

I have every confidence in Wallace. In fact, he's the only player from last season that I think has a future at Rangers.

I had high hopes for Templeton too but he looks a few stone too heavy in some of those preseason pics.

I have every confidence in Wallace. In fact, he's the only player from last season that I think has a future at Rangers.

I had high hopes for Templeton too but he looks a few stone too heavy in some of those preseason pics.

Maybe he wants to follow Kris Boyd and the rest to Kilmarnock ?

Seriously, would imagine that situation will change under the new regime, where everything will be analysed including the diets.

Bad news for Nando's.

I'm going to predict Nicky Law is a mainstay in Warburton's selection this season and will thrive under his style. I know he gets slaughtered on here by many as he often shites a tackle and has be known to have quiet games but with Eustace ( probably ) along side him for a more physical presence, it will allow him more time to display his attributes which are attacking midfielder with a nose for goal. Use players to their strengths so to speak. He's also in his prime ( age ) years.

I agree with you there, he's got skill and an eye for goal it's just the defensive side of things he can't do,if Eustace ( or someone like him ) is there to have his back then i think we could see a better and more productive Nicky Law next season.

I think the same, I also think one of McKay or Walsh will play the opposite side of temps and all three will be important players under Warburton... If I'm wrong I'll blame the summer heat, a slight hangover and the fact I've just been watching highlights of Michael laudrup on YouTube for some reason :lol:

I think Walsh will be playing in a more central role this season which imo will spell the end for law.

I think Walsh will be playing in a more central role this season which imo will spell the end for law.

Did he play centrally in the youths? I admit, that what little I've seen of him, he appeared to be a pretty natural wide man. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was a CM and we played him out wide.

Not sure he has the composure to play the midfield role, I may be wrong, but I think a wide man suits his traits.

I like the idea of trying it though, see how he gets on in these behind closed doors games. Couldn't hurt.

I'd like to think Warburton will try variations of a front 4, we have a surprising amount of decent prospects from the youth team in Mckay and Walsh, both of which would suit his style. With a Templeton coming back into the form and ability I know he has, we have three very good options IMO.

Said all along that Law has the potential to be a great player for us. His first 4-5 games for us he was brilliant, bursting forward and running at defenders. Hopefully under better management he can find his was again and show us the player he really is.

He went the way of a whole load of players under the previous "managment" team.

Boyd rattled in a fair few at Killie before he joined us, then did the sum total of f**k all.

Nicky Clark was outstanding for Queen of the South until he joined us.

Templeton?

Even, dare I say, Ian Black?

and a fair few others to the list too.

New Manager, new regime. we'll soon see if those remaining will step up and play

Did he play centrally in the youths? I admit, that what little I've seen of him, he appeared to be a pretty natural wide man. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was a CM and we played him out wide.

Not sure he has the composure to play the midfield role, I may be wrong, but I think a wide man suits his traits.

I like the idea of trying it though, see how he gets on in these behind closed doors games. Couldn't hurt.

I'd like to think Warburton will try variations of a front 4, we have a surprising amount of decent prospects from the youth team in Mckay and Walsh, both of which would suit his style. With a Templeton coming back into the form and ability I know he has, we have three very good options IMO.

He plays in centre midfield a lot with the youths or as a number 10, nobody was bold enough to play him there last season, I'm pretty sure he will get the chance to flourish in midfield this coming season.