Nicky Law

bluenoz

Off at a tangent to the thread but out of Temps Law and Clark strangely it's Clark I reckon could have the biggest role ans success for us next season.

Partially due to us not bringing any competition for his starting place, but largely as I think we'll creat significantly more chances this season. I believe we'll attack with speed and if he gets confidence could become the player we signed who scored 40 odd goals in this league.

I'm not ignoring how rank he's been, just have a hunch he could fit in well to a style of played used by MW.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if his contribution at Motherwell gets exaggerated. The few times I saw him for them he never especially stood out and his stats are not particularly remarkable.

From what I remember of him at Motherwell, he seemed to be the midfielder most used to set up attacks, so he seemed to always be in the action more than the other midfielders, but once he had dispatched the ball he never got involved much in general play.

His goal stats as an attacking midfielder has been pretty average at every club he's been to and in fact his best goals/games ratio is with us,where he averages 1 goal every 4 games.

I don't think there will be any room for show ponies in a midfield selected by Mark Warburton, so Law will have to really pick his game up asap.