Anyone Else Worried About Next Season?

Great appointment by the board.

Worried a bit that the Board am doesn't have the funding available though as a was expecting us maybe to be linked with at least a kind of £1 million type signing. All freebies and loans it seems to be which a wont have too much problem with asking as there decent but it would mean the board maybe doesn't have the funding available.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the players that were outplayed by these guys can now be the best players in the league?

Ok.

They had no guidance or confidence, of course they can perform better than they have.

As I said, inferior players made us look like a pub team simply because they had a game plan and confidence in it working.

No

Haven't been this optimistic for 3 or 4 years.

A new manager with a new style of play (compared to a man with no managerial ideas and then a man who was dumped on with a load of shite players)

Several "captains" on the park (rather than none).

What is there to be anything less than optimistic?

Optimistic and 100% Positive for the coming Season, However I can understand the trepidation but its Onwards and Upwards from here on in.. I just can't see where the challenge is going to come from in the Championship.

I am also looking for us giving a right good go of winning the League and Scottish Cups.... :uk:

i don't mean to piss on anyones parade here but the confidence that people are showing after Warburtons appointment is quite overwhelming to me. I'm extremely happy that we are getting in a manager with a new vision and who looks to play football as it should be played and who is bringing in young players, but i can't dismiss the fact that Warburton is relatively new to management. His Win rate is 54%, while we can say that he was playing in a better league than we currently are, this is still a gamble taking on a manager new to Scotland.

i really hope i'm worrying over nothing but remember the last time we had a manager who wanted a new style of football at Ibrox? PLG didn't last long. We can't afford to fail this season but if it does start to go wrong, how long would we wait to repair the damage? last season was too little too late but i also think that had we gave PLG more time we would have flourished under him, our games in europe showed me that we were starting too play football instead of the long ball.

As i say, i don't want too be a doomsayer but why are people not concerned?

You are right to be concerned, I find the euphoria over his appointment baffling and a wee bit worrying. that said I do like the sound of him and firt the firt time in a while im looking forward to the coming season. Really want to see him properly backed though with hard cash

They had no guidance or confidence, of course they can perform better than they have.

As I said, inferior players made us look like a pub team simply because they had a game plan and confidence in it working.

Doesn't back up why they suddenly become capable players.

Are they strong in possession?

Do they have fitness levels capable of pressing for 90 minutes?

Are they smart enough to get the formations they need to fit into?

Do they have the athleticism required for a high intensity style of play?

Can the strikers deliver the 50 plus goals we require from them?

Is there sufficient depth of squad if key players get injured?

I'm not convinced the players there are the type MW will want, though I agree he will get more out of them.

Without more additions, and with what we have currently,I'm not convinced we're strong enough to beat an improved Hivees team.

Yes very concerned, we are unprepared with no pre-season, While our competition has strengthened with players that know this division. we have not brought in enough players and the quality of players signed is not great.

The Board seem to have forgotten they promised investment and transparency neither seems to be coming any time soon.

Warburton is an unknown commodity in Scottish Football, the board seem to be making it harder for him by giving him no proper funding.

Its a worry.

I'm optimistic but that is just my natural outlook, it's not based on anything concrete. I was extremely excited about PLG and that went a bit pear-shaped.

My only concern is over a slow start if MW has to turn too many of last year's inadequates into capable players in such a short period of time. Hopefully the additions to the squad will lift standards enough to give him the time.

I can totally understand the need for caution when signing players in, but we are short of skulls in that dressing room.

Hopefully the club is working tirelessly behind the scenes to bring good quality players to the club.

Having read reports about PLG I seem to recall something about a player revolt. Reminded also about Brian Clough at Leeds United with a certain Mr Bremner. I have faith in MW & DW and they surely will not encounter such negativity now that they are finally assembling their squad to fit their footballing philosophy. Onwards and upwards troops. I have faith. My first post so please be kind.

I'm not worried. However a lot of people are overlooking the reason why MW left and why the team were so successful.

MW didnt/couldn't adapt to the statistical way the chairman was going that why he left. The reason the club done so well was because of the statistical analysis.

That does worry me. We think we're getting someone else.

I'm not worried. However a lot of people are overlooking the reason why MW left and why the team were so successful.

MW didnt/couldn't adapt to the statistical way the chairman was going that why he left. The reason the club done so well was because of the statistical analysis.

That does worry me. We think we're getting someone else.

Seems a bit extreme.

Surely while he was at Brentford things were done mostly his way. Especially seeing as he was the sporting director first and then manager. Then when the changes came in he felt he couldn't be successful with, they decided to part ways.

Not sure I'd say we're getting someone else. Especially not at this stage in his Rangers career.

I can totally understand the need for caution when signing players in, but we are short of skulls in that dressing room.

Hopefully the club is working tirelessly behind the scenes to bring good quality players to the club.

This. We need to add some quality in midfield/attack asap. I'm optimistic, maybe blindly so, but I'm not seeing kings statements coming to fruition yet with a matter of weeks before our first competitive game.

Well you build from the back up don't you.

The signs are we are making those moves and already we have basically changed the shaped of our back 5.

I expect some deals this week and next in terms of midfield and up top.

We need to remember players usually wait till the window is open (down south too) because that's when the offers tend to come in so not many players are going to take the first offer than comes in.

54 % is excellent for a club with such limited resources in such a competetive and money rich league as the championship. Let's not forget that up until the news broke that Warburton and Weir were leaving Brentford were 3rd in the table and only won 5 of their next 15 matches because of it. Personally i think they would have went up automatically if the news hadn't have been broken until the end of the season.

I can see where the comparisons to Le Guen come from but i don't agree with them at all. Le Guen inherited an incredible Lyon squad and when he came to Rangers seemed to be more worried about running marathons than building a decent defense.(Svennson and Hemdani if i remember correctly). You might say the same about Warburton but research tells us that as director of football before becoming manager he actually brought most of the players in for the management at the time so had a big say in things even before he became the gaffer.

I'm really excited for the new season and i think manager wise us buying in potential, we couldn't have brought in much better.