The Window So Far

MacBoyd

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mckay ?, Walsh?, Templeton certainly has the ability,

Of the three Templeton is the least likely to feature as he may have ability but is made of glass and is not a team player. If Warburton makes a player of him then by fuck we've got ourselves a manager.

Not too worried about the standard of signings so far . I feel the quality of player in some of the lower / middle English divisions is higher than that of most spfl players.

I do worry though , that , for MW to say he's going to play attack minded football , we're no further forward with midfield / striker positions as I don't think most of those already here , are good enough.

I'm sure , though , in time , that will be addressed.

It strikes me that some fans would rather have McCoist back and just fill the squad with ageing ex players or bang average players we've played against that can "do a job"

We've been crying out for years about a lack of foresight... Warburton comes in with nothing but foresight, a promise to bring the average age down, utilise the youth system, play attacking football and develop players. Yet because we haven't spunked 7k a week on Jon Daly or Ian black, they think we've got a poor calibre of player.

I think it's pretty obvious but a good manager, with some right ideas that can coach his team well is going to do better than our last attempt, which was picking 11 players with no gameplan

I think we need to add to the squad. A good srriker and a right back at least.

I trust our management team, but not having seen our new signings in action, I don't have blind confidence that our present squad will win the championship. As things stand if we don't sign the right players we may have to rely on the January transfer window to boost signings. Always an element of risk there.

I think we've done well so far

Warburton will be looking at the squad and seeing who he'll probably use next year

Some players might surprise us from last year under him

I hope we sign another 5 players

I feel we need RB, CM, CM, LW, ST, ST

The defence is much better than last season. We've improved there.

We do need a couple midfielders and a striker to be happy but I'm sure they'll follow in due course.

Patience is a virtue.

I think many are falling in to the old trap of defending everything Rangers without being objective, totally understandable as that is what supporting your club is often about.

I agree with the points made about signings to date. Apart from Wilson and the keeper (who has played a lot of games for his age) to date there is little to get excited about.

Those brought in May prove to be excellent acquisitions or duds whilst those left over from last season may improve or may fail to deliver again.

All we can do is wait and see and trust that the new manager knows what he is doing and delivers. Time will tell so no need getting too excited or despondent now before a ball is kicked.

We need to see how the team plays before coming to the conclusion that their pish already. I trust MW and DW and I'm willing to give them time.

There's still plenty of time and I'm sure MW is aware of what we need.

We will be fine

I think we will be alright.

I'm sure MW knows what he is looking for to be honest, given the time available to build a team. Granted, we are not signing big names for big prices but we can't go down that route right now (and possibly not in the future) but he is strengthening our defence which is a must based upon last year.

We need someone up front, so I'd like to see someone coming in, unless MW feels he can employ somebody already on the books to do this? I'm not sure who this would be.

Ball not even been kicked, transfer window still open, players still being linked to us, Warburton going to London to look at Strikers.

Folk still no happy.

Its the Rangers fans ( big ?) Way iam happier this close season than iv been in a long while ,I like the look of the defence and i like the way hes setting us up to play still a while left in the transfer market and at a guess one or two more will be added, along with the young players already at Ibrox who everybody wanted to be given their chance things are looking good. I get the impression a lot on here are dying for them to fail.

For the ones who aren't overly excited by the current standard of player, what are you actually expecting? Do you know anything about the new signings other than a few clips on Youtube?

I am looking forward to this season more than any for a long time, this is the first time in many a year ( about 8yrs) that we have had a total re-shuffle with a footballing style/vision that differs from Walter/Ally. It might not take off instantly but I think in a few months we'll be a totally different side to ones we've seen in many a year.

Lmao ffs.

Our biggest problem last season was conceding stupid avoidable goals. Mark Warburton has went a long way in trying to adress that issue building from the back with basically a whole new back 5 that have played a lot higher level than championship in Scotland and are young enough to improve.

We still have plenty of time to bring in attackers and I have absolutely no doubt we will. In fact I can see a decent fee being spent on a striker as goals win games and we have been able to put together a good back 4 on paper for next to nothing.

Chill out people give our manager some room to work. It's not all about signing players. A good coach can get more out of these players I'm sure of that

We got pumped 6 1 and I don't think the squad is any better yet u fud

Perhaps this comment explains why you are a fan and not the manager of club. give him time to get players in and at the very least play a couple of competitive games before making snap judgments.

People seem to forget that the Hibs game is the 25th of July, there's still over a month of the transfer window being open.

Ideally having people in before the Hibs game would be a better situation but if not, then it's not the end of the world.