Herald Scotland: Potential Fan Groups Merger

If this was to go ahead, it should mean that the groups are disbanded and one group created.

The only way I see it going ahead is for the RFB type thing be set up, or rejuvenated since the last one still kind of exists.

Rangers First seem to want to remain seperate, RSAs seem to have no real voice(I am sure I will be corrected on this) and that only really leaves the RST.

So I don't see why this is being pushed, or who is really pushing for it.

If a fan representative on the board was so important that we rushed it through the last time, why have we never heard anything about a new one being appointed of motioned?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chris was given his position external of his involvement with the RST. If it was an RST position then he would have been replaced on the board by another RST rep.

I think I would need to judge it on its merits. For instance RF have James Blair on their board and he is also Club Secretary at Ibrox now. I have no issues with that but I know James and he's someone who is of benefit to both Rangers and RF.

GM

That kinda flies in the face of the organisation being independant from the club and throws up some conflict of interest issues.

As a matter of interest why do you think Furry got on the board if it wasn't for his RST position?

If I were the board I would appoint a fans representative to the board of my choice and his job would be to work with the fans and groups as opposed to someone

from a fans group on the board, a selection from the board would mean that the person would be neutral and not connected to any fans group making him/her

impartial, this would stop fighting amongst groups and the "They don't represent me me" we need to listen to.

The only person that I know of who could lead an impartial independent fan board is D'Art. He is impartial, can see the bigger picture and can provide an honest balanced viewpoint, hold people to account and with quite some integrity. He talks and I'm listening!
I'm sure he is not the only one out there, but he is the only one I know of and could trust to do the right thing.
The only fan group that I would trust in any of this is the VB and they don't appear to be have been invited to the party. Their words say it all and are not headline seeking, self serving divisive junkies.

From the outset a lot of people predicted there would be some sort of merger, and if it does happen there will be more unhappy fans, i for one won't and will not have anything to do with any organisation that has anyone from the mistrust involved. I was at the meeting withe Gilligan at the RSA agm, and i questioned him on king and funding, he stuttered, and dodged any question about money/investing, and did not like me asking or in his words questioning the board, I think he is very dubious and is a patsy for king and murray, they are pushing for this merger via Gilligan, RF have a large wad of cash, and, imho think they want someone sympathic to there views with access to info/cash etc, i maybe wrong but since that meeting and the lack of investment and letting a sly little runt of a racist be a board member, shows up this lot.

Vanguard Bears have never made such a claim, so you're either misinformed are are trying to take the piss.

Oh.....and you're spelling is shit too.

Oooh... You were so close to getting to the end of that post without making a cunt of it.

No, nor should he have.

So your assertion as below....

"100%. Something the RST made very clear in the meeting with JG & is reflected in the minutes released by the club."

Was selective?

It's only RF that should remain independant and not the RST?

So your assertion as below....

"100%. Something the RST made very clear in the meeting with JG & is reflected in the minutes released by the club."

Was selective?

It's only RF that should remain independant and not the RST?

No. That is not what I said. If Chris was still on the PLC board, the RST would still be independent of the club. By independent, I mean the club does not control it. The fans will.

Did the Sons of Struth not get an invite?

One body representing the whole support would be good, however RF should remain separate, IMO, as they are really a Bank for Rangers Fans, not just to buy shares, but, to also use the money to refurbish the stadium, player purchases, upkeep of Murray Park, etc.

Sox got an invite but we're boycotting that day

That kinda flies in the face of the organisation being independant from the club and throws up some conflict of interest issues.

As a matter of interest why do you think Furry got on the board if it wasn't for his RST position?

According to Paul Murray at the time, Chris Graham and the guy who I think is from the RF were "appointed in accordance with the board's commitment to meaningful fan representation and in order that they can use their abilities to contribute to the company".