Mcculloch Not Joining The Coaching Set-Up

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weir said discussions had taken place but nothing confirmed. How does that equate to him not coming back at all?

The club have also yet to decide on a new club captain, with Weir revealing Lee McCulloch will not be returning to the club either as a player or in a coaching capacity.

Weir, a former club captain himself, said: "We've had discussions but nothing has been confirmed there.

"It's obviously an important appointment, especially at a football club like this. It's something that's got to be taken seriously."

One man who could be in the frame for that role is Wilson, who said it would be a "great honour" to be given the armband.

Wilson said: "I've been captain before and I know as captain you need players around you that will help you. Whoever the captain is I'll make sure I'm there to support them.

That's an extract from the BBC article. I read it as nothing is confirmed regarding a captain but discussions have taken place.

The article is horribly structured by the BBC but that's how I see it. No quote from Davie Weir regarding Jig but I I think the first line of what I've quoted will be accurate.

I don't get the negativety towards McCulloch, his playing days are more than likely over (37/38??) and last season was maybe one too far, but what he has contributed to Rangers should be applauded, our fans have short memories he was part of the glue that held us together in darker times, plus his goals for us who could forget that bullet header he scored against the micks? He has played at the top level of football for 20 years and Imo he should be given a role at Ibrox for his experience alone.

I don't get the negativety towards McCulloch, his playing days are more than likely over (37/38??) and last season was maybe one too far, but what he has contributed to Rangers should be applauded, our fans have short memories he was part of the glue that held us together in darker times, plus his goals for us who could forget that bullet header he scored against the micks? He has played at the top level of football for 20 years and Imo he should be given a role at Ibrox for his experience alone.

So he should just get a role because he used to be good?

Don't be silly.

If we are needing coaches in they should be proven and a bit of experience under their belts.

McCulloch can go elsewhere and do his time, IF he does well then of course he should be considered...on merit, not because he scored a header against the tims.

Don't be silly.

If we are needing coaches in they should be proven and a bit of experience under their belts.

McCulloch can go elsewhere and do his time, IF he does well then of course he should be considered...on merit, not because he scored a header against the tims.

All I'm saying is he showed us his loyalty why not repay that by giving him a coaching role with the under 17's /youth he has a wealth of knowledge at the top level of football.

And btw you don't forget how to be a good player.

By your reckoning then we shouldn't have Davie Weir as a coach because he has no experience?? Dont be silly.

I Mentioned that goal for the sheer joy it brought to many of us including McCulloch. ppl are quick on here to slag the man off because he was payed well, (although no mention of the pay cut he took, or one of the first to tupe) imo he was worth every penny.

By your reckoning then we shouldn't have Davie Weir as a coach because he has no experience?? Dont be silly.

What?

Was he not part of taking Brentford to the brink of the EPL last season?

Is that not experience?

As I said, don't be silly.

What?

one year of coaching is not experience mate maybe you should engage a dictionary and look up the word before posting.

:lol:

So a year of working in that role and to a good level is suddenly not experience?

Oh and you did know Davie went to Everton after us to do coaching too right?

Aye but he's nae experience right enough :lol:

Honestly you really need to think before you post.

:lol:

So a year of working in that role and to a good level is suddenly not experience?

Oh and you did know Davie went to Everton after us to do coaching too right?

Aye but he's nae experience right enough :lol:

Honestly you really need to think before you post.

Experienced

Adjective :

To gain skills in a field over time.

If you think one year or even two year in football is any 'time' you are deluded.

Would you say Robbie Neilson is an experienced coach/manager? He won the league doesn't make him an experienced coach.

You were one of the first to call McCoist a rookie (long time ago) who needed experience even though he had been in the same roll as Davie is now (assistant to Walter) for longer than Weir. I would still say McCoist is not an experienced coach.

Arsene wenger, Walter Smith, Alex Ferguson, Dick Advocatt, now thats experience in football.

everybody has to start somewhere why not give McCulloch a chance? He has 20 years of top level experience, he wont have forgot how he was trained from some of the top coaches in Britain.

Don't be silly.

Spot on (tu)

If he proves himself capable at Kilmarnock then by all means bring him back, but if we have vacancies within the youth setup then they need to be filled then they should be filled by academy coaches who have shown they have a record of developing younger players.

Jobs for the boys mentality needs to go.

Experienced

Adjective :

To gain skills in a field over time.

If you think one year or even two year in football is any 'time' you are deluded.

Would you say Robbie Neilson is an experienced coach/manager? He won the league doesn't make him an experienced coach.

You were one of the first to call McCoist a rookie (long time ago) who needed experience even though he had been in the same roll as Davie is now (assistant to Walter) for longer than Weir. I would still say McCoist is not an experienced coach.

Arsene wenger, Walter Smith, Alex Ferguson, Dick Advocatt, now thats experience in football.

everybody has to start somewhere why not give McCulloch a chance? He has 20 years of top level experience, he wont have forgot how he was trained from some of the top coaches in Britain.

Wow.

Let me break it down for you so you can understand it as it's clear you are having trouble.

McCulloch has zip experience as a coach, he's just left the club and he should earn his stripes before getting a role here.

You stupidly hit back with Davie Weir as an example of an inexperienced coach.

Davie began coaching in Feb 2012, so in the duration of that period he was coaching at Everton, had a stint in charge of a team in league one while also having a year at Brentford under Mark Warburton.

So over 3 years of experience in coaching at various levels.

That's not inexperienced.

Stop backtracking and trying to make it look like you know what you are talking about, you made an arse of it clearly forgetting Davie has been at it for more than 3 years and comparing it to McCulloch is moronic.

Keep digging though, it's quite amusing.

Great news and glad to see the curtain finally fall on the worst captain in the club's history.

A wage thief and an average player at best - learned how to dine form the fatted calf form his mentor McCostalot

Wow.

Let me break it down for you so you can understand it as it's clear you are having trouble.

McCulloch has zip experience as a coach, he's just left the club and he should earn his stripes before getting a role here.

You stupidly hit back with Davie Weir as an example of an inexperienced coach.

Davie began coaching in Feb 2012, so in the duration of that period he was coaching at Everton, had a stint in charge of a team in league one while also having a year at Brentford under Mark Warburton.

So over 3 years of experience in coaching at various levels.

That's not inexperienced.

Stop backtracking and trying to make it look like you know what you are talking about, you made an arse of it clearly forgetting Davie has been at it for more than 3 years and comparing it to McCulloch is moronic.

Keep digging though, it's quite amusing.

you can butter it up however you like but Davie Weir is not an expeirienced coach, he is cutting his teeth, a rookie, he has only just done his coaching badges lol if you think thats an expeirienced coach then you and I live in a different football world. You ve made a cunt of it and its you whos digging bud.

I never compared anyone to anyone, you said we need experience I pointed out Weir is not an expeirienced coach as an example.

My whole point in posting was pointing out why our so called fans see McCulloch in such a negative light, ppl posting comments saying "he has bled the club dry"

Seeing we are talking about Weir, why did Everton take Davie on as a coach when he was starting GF??

My guess would be his experience as a top class player.

Why let McCulloch go to somewhere like killie when he can learn from the best in Scotland?