For your reference: A list of 8 fines in 10 years.

Despite their claims and even the spurious fan award, they have been fined (at least*) 8 times by UEFA in the last 10 years, give or take a few months.

* Please add others if known.

1. A UEFA spokesman said: ''The body studied video footage of the incident, in which Diouf unintentionally fell on spectators. The footage showed that Diouf was touched on the head by fans while trying to stand up, and then turned and spat towards the spectators in question. ''The incident was not seen by the team of referees. In addition, two Celtic supporters tried to enter the pitch following the incident, but were apprehended by stewards. The Control and Disciplinary Body ruled that Diouf was guilty of improper conduct, but felt that the provocative behaviour of the spectators should also be taken into account as a mitigating circumstance.''

This was also the year in which they were guilty of shooting each other in Amsterdam, had planes redirected from Vigo to Cardiiff, rioted in Blackburn, trashed a Liverpool pub and stabbing each other in and around Seville. The infamous Fair Play award seems to have been a "Thanks for surprisingly not stabbing more people and not completely trashing the place." Award,.In retrospect, it seems a foolish award and one that may have given them a false sense of security relating to their fan conduct.

1. The fine in 2003 for the Dioiuf incident as listed above.
  2. In March 2007, they received a nominal £420 fine for two incidents of plastic bottles being thrown towards the pitch at the San Siro Stadium during a Champions League match against AC Milan.
  3. Seven months later, Celtic were found guilty of improper conduct by supporters and lack of organisation during the Champions League game against Milan at Parkhead which infamously saw one fan enter the pitch and confront visiting goalkeeper Dida.Celtic were fined £25,000 on that occasion, half of the amount suspended for a two-year probationary period, while Dida received a two-match suspension for unsporting behaviour after reacting theatrically to the incident.
  4. In November 2008, a supporter invaded the pitch once more during Celtic’s home Champions League match against Manchester United. Uefa found Celtic guilty of improper conduct and fined them £42,400.
  5. In November 2011, a sanction of £12,700 was imposed for illicit pro-IRA chants during a Europa League home game against Rennes.
  6. The following month, a section of the Celtic support at the Europa League tie in Udinese unveiled a banner with the message “F*** Uefa” and let off flares shortly before kick-off, leading to a £21,000 fine.
  7. Earlier this season, another improper conduct charge for fireworks being let off at the Champions League qualifier at home to Cliftonville resulted in a £4,200 fine.
  8. Celtic have now been fined £42,000 (50,000 euro) by Uefa for "illicit" banners at the home defeat by AC Milan.

TGFITW? doh

Quite a list, eh?

What's our list over the same period?

This is from the BBC and one bit appears to be slightly questionable.

1. The Glasgow club was fined £13,300 for supporters' discriminatory chanting and £9,000 for attacking their opponents' team bus during an away game against Villarreal in 2006.
  2. And Uefa issued a fine of £8,280 for some Rangers fans' behaviour during a match against Osasuna in May 2007
  3. The following year, at the Uefa Cup final in Manchester, fans were involved in city centre riots, and a fine of £18,000 was imposed by Uefa for fan violence when the club played Unirea Urziceni in Romania in November 2009.
  4. PSV €40,000 fine/away ban

There is also a fifth one, caused by that tim who invaded our pitch with his sectarian t-shirt(by his own admission) against Hapoel, but should WE count it?

The Blackburn one is the one that really gets me. How the fuck can you have 26 arrests and get a fans fair play award?? That must've been one of the highest arrest rates in a European game that season (per number of fans attending each game) and way outstrips Manchester.

When you compare and contrast they've been given an easy ride.

Absolutely. This doesn't even include their assaults on Stachan, Dallas, Ricksen and Maxwell.

It doesn't include their 84/85 ban for the bottle throwing at the piggery and the assaults in the rearranged match at Old Trafford.

It doesn't mention a lot of their dubious history.

The Blackburn one is the one that really gets me. How the fuck can you have 26 arrests and get a fans fair play award?? That must've been one of the highest arrest rates in a European game that season (per number of fans attending each game) and way outstrips Manchester.

When I heard about the award, I genuinely thought it was a Brass Eye piss take. In retrospect, it pretty much was.

I see that Olympiakos have had some sanctions imposed on them by UEFA for their home game v ManYoo. How have Celtic managed to get away with their antics for so long?

Particularly when you consider that it's only three more than what we have had. Mind you, Osasuna and Eindhoven were stitch ups, assisted by intense campaigning and one of them was the "Pope t-shirt" scumster who chained himself to the Broomloan goals vs Hapoel. That fine should have been for his club and not ours. Fuck you, Sean.

Particularly when you consider that it's only three more than what we have had. Mind you, Osasuna and Eindhoven were stitch ups, assisted by intense campaigning and one of them was the "Pope t-shirt" scumster who chained himself to the Broomloan goals vs Hapoel. That fine should have been for his club and not ours. Fuck you, Sean.

We were responsible for security at the Stadium that night, the fine was ours, unpalatable though it is.

It's also worth mentioning that ra shellick have the honour of hosting Scotland's only 'behind closed doors' competitive European match (v Atletico Madrid 1985), following their shocking behaviour in the replayed Rapide match (which was, in itself, punishment for their behaviour in the previous match v Rapide).

We were responsible for security at the Stadium that night, the fine was ours, unpalatable though it is.

It's also worth mentioning that ra shellick have the honour of hosting Scotland's only 'behind closed doors' competitive European match (v Atletico Madrid 1985), following their shocking behaviour in the replayed Rapide match (which was, in itself, punishment for their behaviour in the previous match v Rapide).

I understand the role of stewarding in that match, but it's a dangerous thing to punish a club for its enemies' actions. It's almost motivating rival fans to do the dirty on the competitors. It's more of a debating point, to be honest.

I understand the role of stewarding in that match, but it's a dangerous thing to punish a club for its enemies' actions. It's almost motivating rival fans to do the dirty on the competitors. It's more of a debating point, to be honest.

Indeed, one could debate it all night, but I doubt if responsibility for stadium security will ever be placed anywhere other than on the host Club.

Throwing bananas at Mark Walters

Disrupting minutes silences for Ibrox Disaster (And numerous other tragedies)

The systematic cover up of child rape

Constantly bringing the game into disrepute leading to such things as referee strikes

Trashing other stadiums on a regular basis

Blatant support for convicted terrorists

add that to OPs list and show it to a neutral foreigner and they'd never believe they manage to get away with it, I can hardly believe it and I have to witness their shite getting ignored daily.

Here I wasniave thinking the obsession was from there side only, clearly not, had higher hopes for us to be obsessed with that mob.

When will people realize that attitude is the reason we are in the position we're in. Vigilance is a must especially now.

• 11 months later...

ryan gigs testimonial - that was the reason that pubs in Manchester closed early for our game down there. they absolutely trashed the place. some people I worked with told me they had to hide under tables when TGFITW were rioting. anytime a Scottish team went down after that bars closed early