Frank Lampard.

Clemdog

What a man. What a player.

175 goals in the EPL.

I've said it a few times this Season but he hasn't played this well since the 2011/2012 Season. I wouldn't be surprised if City kept a hold of him for another couple of months.

Not the best midfielder the Premier League has seen but certainly the most prolific and possibly significant. I simply cannot see his record being beaten by a midfielder now.

Well done Frank (tu):clap:

What a man. What a player.

175 goals in the EPL.

I've said it a few times this Season but he hasn't played this well since the 2011/2012 Season. I wouldn't be surprised if City kept a hold of him for another couple of months.

Not the best midfielder the Premier League has seen but certainly the most prolific and possibly significant. I simply cannot see his record being beaten by a midfielder now.

Well done Frank (tu):clap:

many of them were pens?

still a great record and player all the same but it kinda annoys me with goalscoring stats when pens are counted

Shearer was the same, shit load of pens

As for Lampard, it's a valid point to bring up considering he's always acknowledged as a "goalscoring midfielder", as if his huge tally of goals is entirely due to his box-to-box industriousness. That's not strictly true. He still has 100-odd goals open play and free kicks though, which is impressive whichever way you look at it, even taking into consideration that about 95% of them were deflections :pipe:

i didnt say it didnt

Then I'm not sure why you put forward Les Ferdinand in comparison. If Shearer and Ferdinand were equal without penalties then ok, but they aren't.

Whether Shearer's penalties take the shine off his goalscoring record or not, he's still the top scorer in PL history without them.