Fans Board members

stfu

How do we contact our fans board members?

I know that at least one has posted on here asking for us to email him with any relevant issues but how do we contact all of them?

As well as the off field issues that have been concerning us for the last few years this should be our first point of contact to complain about our teams performance and to ask what the board plans to do about it.

All I can find on the website is this

"The 12 members will now arrange their first meeting and elect a chairman, vice chairman and secretary. As a Fans Board member each individual will have a responsibility to liaise with supporters from the Group they represent and ensure they best serve their interests at meetings with the Club.

Following their initial meeting, the 12 elected members will have a public profile on the official Rangers website.

They will be clearly identified as Members of the Rangers Fans Board and will be contactable by the wider fanbase via email to allow them to obtain feedback and questions from the group they represent.

They will also provide those fans with updates after all meetings."

Does anyone know when this is this going to happen?

Should The Fan Board members, not be invited to the Sons of Struth fans meeting ..........in wait for it .........the Grosvener Hotel tommorrow ??? The RFFF money better not being used on these groups, cause i find it hard to fathom who they can afford to hold a meeting in there !

I think the Fans boards first priority would be to ensure they are the ONLY voice for the supporters and hopefully the minor factions will disappear faster than they have all formed ! The Fans board is a fantastic concept, but cannot be undermined by these ''groups'' or will fall on its arse right away. |the Rangers board should clarify that too.

As stated by JCD on here there will be email addresses for each fans board member where the wider support can get in contact. I believe they will be published after the first meeting (which may be this week?)

I personally would like to see them have more avenues for contact (such as a twitter/facebook pages) too.

GM

Should The Fan Board members, not be invited to the Sons of Struth fans meeting ..........in wait for it .........the Grosvener Hotel tommorrow ??? The RFFF money better not being used on these groups, cause i find it hard to fathom who they can afford to hold a meeting in there !

I think the Fans boards first priority would be to ensure they are the ONLY voice for the supporters and hopefully the minor factions will disappear faster than they have all formed ! The Fans board is a fantastic concept, but cannot be undermined by these ''groups'' or will fall on its arse right away. |the Rangers board should clarify that too.

The SoS meeting is an open one so anyone can go along.

I cannot believe the RFFF has anything to do with the meeting.

I do not believe the fans board will result in other groups being disbanded - however, I for one am certainly willing to give it a chance.

GM

As stated by JCD on here there will be email addresses for each fans board member where the wider support can get in contact. I believe they will be published after the first meeting (which may be this week?)

I personally would like to see them have more avenues for contact (such as a twitter/facebook pages) too.

GM

No offence GM, but twitter/ facebook would surely just become a platform for tims and other Rangers haters to abuse these representatives. Anyone who cannot manage to send an ordinary e-mail cannot have much to say.

You will gather I am not a fan of either facebook or twatter. :)

No offence GM, but twitter/ facebook would surely just become a platform for tims and other Rangers haters to abuse these representatives. Anyone who cannot manage to send an ordinary e-mail cannot have much to say.

You will gather I am not a fan of either facebook or twatter. :)

I would rather it was a more open forum to let fellow supporters see the kind of correspondence that is ongoing - I don't worry about the tims - on twitter I just block them and I never have much issues. Though I take your point.

I tend to be on twitter - I quite enjoy it though its not the place for deep debate.

Perhaps they could set up a membership forum then which requires your Rangers Number to enter - could allow a degree of authenticity but with openness - a decent compromise?

GM

I would rather it was a more open forum to let fellow supporters see the kind of correspondence that is ongoing - I don't worry about the tims - on twitter I just block them and I never have much issues. Though I take your point.

I tend to be on twitter - I quite enjoy it though its not the place for deep debate.

Perhaps they could set up a membership forum then which requires your Rangers Number to enter - could allow a degree of authenticity but with openness - a decent compromise?

GM

The Rangers number is a good idea, and yes a decent compromise. (tu)

The SoS meeting is an open one so anyone can go along.

I cannot believe the RFFF has anything to do with the meeting.

I do not believe the fans board will result in other groups being disbanded - however, I for one am certainly willing to give it a chance.

GM

GM

Big man, I dont know about you, but I just cannot believe we have groups like these guys, its soul destroying, and as I mentioned to CH privately, these fan groups are putting a bigger shadow over Rangers than HMRC done to us, they are contributing to Rangers becoming the furthest investment from peoples minds and making us unsellable. That tactic is outrageous.

The Fans board, appears to be no nonsense characters on there, looking to represent the '' majority '' of the Rangers supporters, and what I dont want is these fan groups, putting statements out on a sunday night about the fans board every sunday night.

I feel if Rangers dont give the groups the time of day, and concentrate on the fans board, then the fans groups will disappear as they are like now very irrelvant.

cheers for reply big yin

GM

Big man, I dont know about you, but I just cannot believe we have groups like these guys, its soul destroying, and as I mentioned to CH privately, these fan groups are putting a bigger shadow over Rangers than HMRC done to us, they are contributing to Rangers becoming the furthest investment from peoples minds and making us unsellable. That tactic is outrageous.

The Fans board, appears to be no nonsense characters on there, looking to represent the '' majority '' of the Rangers supporters, and what I dont want is these fan groups, putting statements out on a sunday night about the fans board every sunday night.

I feel if Rangers dont give the groups the time of day, and concentrate on the fans board, then the fans groups will disappear as they are like now very irrelvant.

cheers for reply big yin

Cheers mate

Personally, I don't think the groups will disappear.

Some people have spent a great deal of time on a specific cause (whether you agree with the cause or not) and it will take a great deal of effort to stop them continuing their efforts. I also think that the fans board doesn't cover every aspect of areas that different sections of the support have put effort into.

From my own part, I have spent a fair number of hours on Rangers First, a collective fan ownership vehicle, who's goals are about giving the support authoritative consultative transparency with the club through getting a large shareholding in the fans name. Personally I will continue with that as I believe the benefits and interests aren't explicitly covered with the fans board. I would expect other members of different groups will be similar - though thats mainly speculation on my part.

But I do think that we need to give this fans board a chance - I'm skeptical about a few things with it, mainly to do with its power to effect real change but if it is a success then I will be delighted.

At the end of the day as long as the club and the support benefit then no one should complain.

GM

• 2 weeks later...