Call-off decision was right, says Rangers boss McCoist

Bothwellbear

Call-off decision was right, says Rangers boss McCoist

ALLY McCOIST today defended his decision to call off Rangers' Championship clash with Cowdenbeath last Saturday.

ChrisJack.jpg

Chris Jack Group Sports Writer

Saturday 18/10/2014

0 Comments

Print

25626898.jpg

Kris Boyd has yet to score in a league match this season

The SPFL upheld the Light Blues' request after an appeal from Jimmy Nicholl's side as Rangers spent the international weekend on the sidelines.

Hearts extended their lead at the top of the table to nine points, but McCoist insists the right call was made for his side.

He said: "The first thing is that I've got to look after the interests of my football club and I think the best way to put it would be if we played the fixture without four players and we got beaten, I'm not sure there would be too much sympathy and people would say they were a wee bit unlucky because they had four players missing.

"I think we all know football doesn't work like that. So it is our job to play as strong as possible a team for ourselves, but also to respect the opposition.

"Having called some games off now, I think it would grossly unfair on some of the other teams.

"For example, if we go to play Dumbarton while there is an international and we play them while we are missing four players, is that then fair on Cowdenbeath?

"So we have to show fairness to everyone, but the most important thing is that we have to look after our own corner."

McCoist has yet to see Kris Boyd net in the Championship this term, but he is confident the goal drought will come to an end.

He said: "Boydy will be fine. He's been contributing in other ways and I just think it's a matter of time before he gets off and running."

Get Rangers News Alerts by Email

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoist said: "Boydy will be fine. He's been contributing in other ways and I just think it's a matter of time before he gets off and running.

Makes him sound like a horse which is probably appropriate as he plays like one.

When will you do us all a favour Ally and fall on your sword.

He is an embarrassment and has no shame or sense of reality.

He also kept up his stance of backing every person who could decide his future. Cringeworthy as ever.

Whilst I agree with him that it would be nice to get some fresh investment the last thing I want is him with a transfer fund.

Better in the long run for the club if any investment is used to get him and the other clowns out of the door.

Grossly unfair on other teams? He is aware the aim of the game is to beat them? It would be more respectful to take them on with what we've got at our disposal (despite these call-ups being practically non-existent). Even with four players missing we have a squad to take care of these teams. Just not a manager.

Perhaps he could respect the support by forming & motivating a team to do some talking on the park for a change. Imposter of a manager.

""For example, if we go to play Dumbarton while there is an international and we play them while we are missing four players, is that then fair on Cowdenbeath?"

What the actual fuck.........?

:anguish: It's not about being fair Ally you nicey nicey pally with every cunt prick, grow a set of balls and stop having too much respect for other teams, he fucking pissies me off with that attitude.

:anguish: It's not about being fair Ally you nicey nicey pally with every cunt prick, grow a set of balls and stop having too much respect for other teams, he fucking pissies me off with that attitude.

"but the most important thing is that we have to look after our own corner."

"For example, if we go to play Dumbarton while there is an international and we play them while we are missing four players, is that then fair on Cowdenbeath?

Wow, that quote is incredible to me. Perhaps McCoist should understand that it's about making his own fans and club happy, fairness is determined by the governing body. If things aren't deemed fair then you state your case and appeal.

What the hell is McCoist thinking? I'm starting to really hate having him in charge.

Wow, that quote is incredible to me. Perhaps McCoist should understand that it's about making his own fans and club happy, fairness is determined by the governing body. If things aren't deemed fair then you state your case and appeal.

What the hell is McCoist thinking? I'm starting to really hate having him in charge.

Everyone choosing to ignore his very next sentence for some reason?

"but the most important thing is that we have to look after our own corner."

By calling off a game for "internationals" who never even played ? if McCoist can't beat a shower of shite with a pool of 20 odd men minus a few players then he's not the man for the job, tell me about looking after our own corner again when we've got a backlog of fixtures and a shit load of injuries.