I was swithering about posting this so here goes

Thermopylae

I can't help feeling thie tax case is castling a long black cloud over the support ... unlike septic who excel at paranoia and being put upon (and so would probably cream themselves at being in this situation) we are proud to be British and the bastards at HMRC abusing their authority in this way does not sit well with us

HMRC are using this as a test case. They have spent too much to turn back now. They know they won't get any money but can use this as precedent going forward.

The leaks are a very different thing.

I take your point but I'm not completely convinced that there isn't more to it

Don't see point in all this.do you just keep appealing until you get the result you require? There are many who are happy to drag this out and publicise it. Pity they aren't so right minded when it comes to state aid or child abuse stories

I keep seeing this but surely they have already set a precedent by now.

It's took 3 years fighting us.

Looks more like they want to save face by keeping going til they get a result.

If they don't, questions will be asked, lawsuits will be filed and heads will roll.

HMRC are using this as a test case. They have spent too much to turn back now. They know they won't get any money but can use this as precedent going forward.

The leaks are a very different thing.

It's not just the leaks . Why did they allow EBT's to go on for so long before acting and why did they let Whyte go on without PAYE for around 6 months. It's a total disgrace!

We can't let the malcontent lurkers set the agenda

You been hanging about with bawbag? Of course HMRC had to take this all the way;

1. To justify their actions

2. As a precedent for future cases

I wonder if they deliberately chose us over the other clubs which have used the scheme.

You been hanging about with bawbag? Of course HMRC had to take this all the way;

1. To justify their actions

2. As a precedent for future cases

I wonder if they deliberately chose us over the other clubs which have used the scheme.

Don't forget we offered them 10 million, so they are trying desperately to prove they made the correct decision in knocking that back!

I'm not sure which hunt, but I doubt they could even win an easter egg hunt!

Hunt is such an interesting word when used in conjunction with HMRC.... wonder if I could think of an other word that would be much more fitting when used in conjunction with those Cunts.......

I'll sleep on it, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

:7325:

Ffs - hmrc are using us as a test case - it was a split verdict and was always destined to go all the way- that is how law and precedent is set in this country and how it is tested - there is nothing abnormal in this appeal process.