Conor McGrandles

Elfideldo

Yet another Sinky got wrong

Just got a move to Norwich City that could net Falkirk £1 million.

I watched him play in the same youth team as Darren Ramsay and Charlie Telfer for a couple of years, where as he may not have been the standout he wouldn't have been a candidate for release in my opinion.

Gary Oliver who recently scored for Hearts, Lewis Spence and Lewis Martin who are now regulars at Dunfermline also played in the same team on occasions although they are a year younger.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have mentioned following Murray Wallace and Jay Fullton, Conor is the third player they have picked up from Sinky they have sold for big fees.

Wallace one was baffling. Was always comfortably their best player (from playing against him) through the ages and ended up being offered full time by Falkirk and not us :lol:

Mugs

To be fair to Scottish football, the youth academies are doing rather well.

The problem with the above statement? Murray Park should have been at the forefront of it and we end up spunking our bairns out to anyone who will gobble.

The moral of the story is, get Murray Park independant to the so called 'Rangers men' that manage our team - Walter and Ally in particular - and run it as a business. If the first team want the use if it, rent it out to them for running costs.

Not according to anything I've seen...

Cheers - I tried a quick Google & nothing there.

Thought it sounded odd, given his old man's background?

I know these things don't appear as relevant at youth level & there's a bit more interchangeability.

To be fair to Scottish football, the youth academies are doing rather well.

The problem with the above statement? Murray Park should have been at the forefront of it and we end up spunking our bairns out to anyone who will gobble.

The moral of the story is, get Murray Park independant to the so called 'Rangers men' that manage our team - Walter and Ally in particular - and run it as a business. If the first team want the use if it, rent it out to them for running costs.

Murray Park was always a training ground not a youth academy.

Aye, pull the other one! Dick had the vision and it was for the academy!

You will find that maybe he had the vision but in the end Murray Park was built as a training ground.

And by that I mean it was never set up as only being an academy, but it is where the youth players also train.

You will find that maybe he had the vision but in the end Murray Park was built as a training ground.

And by that I mean it was never set up as only being an academy, but it is where the youth players also train.

The vision was to have an academy where the youth trained with the professionals.

Stop making excuses for the pathetic way in which Rangers have used our multi-million pound investment. Until someone uses it as it was intended, Rangers will be a lesser team.

derek adams has been given the dan mack by county, and his old man george has left to, we should go for both to run our youth set up, at worst we should crawl on our knees and beg george to come back

George Adams is a scouting genious.

We should do everything in our power to get him on board.