Marco Negri

ElBufalo20

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

met him twice and he seemed a nice guy overwhelmed by all the attention.

by the fuk could he score goals. alway remembet Paddy Feeney on bbc world service, pre internet days, commenting on numerous ocassions about " no need to guess who scored for the gers ?again" d

did he not have some viral blood infection??

Why is Mols considered a Rangers legend but Negri isn't? I don't think Mols was more talented I mean just watch a compilation of those Negri goals he was amazing. Negri also contributed just as much as Mols did in terms of goals (both got 30+). Just something thst's always bugged me.

Why is Mols considered a Rangers legend but Negri isn't? I don't think Mols was more talented I mean just watch a compilation of those Negri goals he was amazing. Negri also contributed just as much as Mols did in terms of goals (both got 30+). Just something thst's always bugged me.

I consider both legends, but to play devil's advocate, Mols quite literally played with a smile on his face and it was apparent how much he loved playing for us - Negri was the opposite.

For me personally it was the brilliance of Mols in turning a player, it made me smile every time.

They were totally different payers, Negri the best finisher I think I'll ever see at Ibrox and Mols one of the most skilful players I've ever seen.

Why don't you ask him for the truth on what happened with him, was it really a squash accident

It was. My brother trained in the Living Well gym at the old Britoil / Abbey National building bottom of St Vincent Street. Rangers used the Gym facilities as MP was not about in those days. He was in that day when Negri took the ball straight in the eye from Porini. Negri was screaming like a banshee saying he was blind and couldn't see! That was the truth.

Slightly unrelated but on the question earlier about Negri being underrated, does anyone think rod Wallace has also fell into the underrated category as time has passed. Was thinking about this in work the other day actually?

I'd totally agree. Rod Wallace was brilliant for us under Advocaat.

Rod Wallace was possibly Advocaat's greatest signing, it's amazing to think what Negri could of been, I remember I had just left Scotland and back then I had to go to the library to check the Rangers score, coz well I had to know it right away and it got to the stage my Aussie mate who was waiting in the car, the first thing he'd say was how many did Marco Polo score this week (always had sarcastic names to annoy me like Durry for Durie) a few months into the season I though Negri was going to deliver 10 in a row himself