Rangers boss McCoist in transfer plea to board

Bothwellbear

Rangers boss McCoist in transfer plea to board

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist is hoping his squad can remain intact after new fears were raised over the future of the Ibrox club.

MatthewLindsay.jpg

Matthew Lindsay Sports Journalist

Saturday 30/08/2014

0 Comments

Print

25193585.jpg

Lee Wallace has been linked with a move away from Rangers

The troubled Glasgow giants announced yesterday that they need to raise at least £3million from a new share offering later this year.

That shock admission led to speculation that Gers stars like Lewis Macleod and Lee Wallace could be sold to generate much-needed cash.

Light Blues left-back Wallace has been linked with a move to English Championship club Brighton during the summer. However, McCoist has not been told he has to offload anyone and is hoping the transfer window closes on Monday night without his top players leaving.

He said: "I'm happy with the squad I've got. In an ideal world, we'd have tweaked it a wee bit here and there but we have a good pool of players. We have strengthened up front and at the back.

"Like every other manager and coach in the country, I would like to add a little bit here and there.

"But if we don't have the opportunity to do that then I'm delighted with the boys I've got.

"I haven't been told people have to go before people come in. Without stating the obvious, in the current climate I don't see much incoming activity at the moment."

However, McCoist accepted the financial uncertainty at Rangers could result in rival clubs making knockdown bids for his leading players in the coming days.

He said ahead of today's match with Queen of the South: "I would obviously hope as a manager that bids would be turned down.

"I'm happy with my squad and I don't want to see it being depleted.

"But I do know what's involved in football and I know that sometimes people make decisions that can alter your squad. That's part and parcel of football.

"I could understand if clubs felt we may have to sell players, but I would hope that no bids come in for any of the players. We'll just have to wait and see what happens."

He added: "If we did lose someone we'd just have to regroup and get on with it.

"As I say, I'm not expecting to lose anyone. I'm expecting to go with the squad we've got and hopefully that's the case.

"You obviously look at the squad and would like to add in one or two departments to make us stronger.

"But the whole thing is a very slow process. We are absolutely miles away from where we want to be, but at the same time we are definitely stronger than we were a year or two years ago. Hopefully we will continue to grow in strength.

"I spoke with Graham this morning and met him earlier this week.

" There haven't been any budget talks as such but we have spoken about players and the squad. He didn't say that we had to sell.

"I could let this get me down if I allowed it to. But I'm looking forward to a good game against a really good team.

"That's how you keep yourself positive and focused because this will be a real game."

If lee wallace was sold stevie smith is enough to get us up to the spfl.

The issue is the boards reluctance to inject funds but they are incapable of living within our means. Time for them to sell up IMO.

Am i missing something here ? Why do we even mention the board when we are run by hedge funders and investors .The board are simply puppets playing to someones tune , and at £600,000 plus a year Mr Wallace is a luxury we cannot afford .

Am i missing something here ? Why do we even mention the board when we are run by hedge funders and investors .The board are simply puppets playing to someones tune , and at £600,000 plus a year Mr Wallace is a luxury we cannot afford .

Easdales are majority shareholders. They want the club to run on income alone and thats not possible

So....

The board haven't mentioned selling anyone.

Ally doesn't expect the board to be selling anyone.

Where's the pleading ?

Not sure why the OP even bothered posting this non story, apart from it being just another bit of board bashing for something that nobody has ever said they would do.

If anyone were to be sold it could well be blamed on the arseholes who wouldn't pony up to support the club they claim to support.

I wish we could transfer the blue tims to their proper team in the east end.

If the board accept an offer after their recent statement then they're more incompetent than many fear.

Well that depends on the offer....every player has a price and if we got offered decent money for any player (maybe with the exception of Macleod if we are looking long term) then they would be stupid not to take it.

Well that depends on the offer....every player has a price and if we got offered decent money for any player (maybe with the exception of Macleod if we are looking long term) then they would be stupid not to take it.

You think anyone would offer decent money after that statement? Mon kev!

We need to be totally realistic at this stage and get players sold and of our wage bill. To think anything else is to put your head in the sand. And I hate to bring this up again but ALLY should lead the way in trying to save some cash by not taking a wage for the rest of the season.. He can afford it and it may cause some others to follow suit. If I had his bank account and I was Rangers manager and supporter I'd do it in a second

Auchenhowie should be sold, coaches should be freed, excess players should be released, the bus driver & his boy should be bagged, the car park should be modified for basic training facilities for the players.... It didn't do past players any harm training there and walking along the street to the stadium for a shower.... There's plenty of ways to cost cut at Ibrox but the board like previous ones have failed us.

we've got more bloody players than we need. we need rid of some of them. asking for more is out of the question. don't even know why the hell we signed up a new goalie ffs. fucking ridiculous.

don't start complaining if we sell wallace/mcleod. it's your fault ally for wanting all these surplus players.

we've got more bloody players than we need. we need rid of some of them. asking for more is out of the question. don't even know why the hell we signed up a new goalie ffs. fucking ridiculous.

don't start complaining if we sell wallace/mcleod. it's your fault ally for wanting all these surplus players.

We also have less supporters than we need and for that we can thank the bhoy-cotters and McCostalots woeful tactics.