What's wrong with our defence?

graeme_4

We are consistently leaking goals at the moment (and a lot of them are certainly preventable) - but why?

We have 3 decent keepers, the best LB in the country when on form, and a range of pretty experienced CBs.

For me, the problem stems from RB. I don't think Foster is THAT bad, but he's certainly not good. His normal replacement / competition McGregor is a good CB, but is never a right back in his life.

With McGregor at RB, Moshni is in and I think that's the biggest problem we have. The guys a total liability. He had so much promise last preseason, but he's just got worse and worse. If we got any kind of offer I'd let him go.

Think we'd be much improved with:

Peralta McGregor Zal Wallace

Think Peralta has all the tools to be a great RB - would love to see him get a run in there.

Any thoughts?

Was speaking to a few guys at half time about the same back for as you have proposed if we hooked Mohsni at half time. With the goals we are conceding at the moment anything is worth a try. Another steady defender is Seb Faure. I have more faith in him than Mohsni and Foster in both positions.

I don't think peralta should play anywhere bar central midfield to be honest.if we want to stop leaking goals we need to cut out personal mistakes and possibly play smith on the left in front of Wallace and wee Lewis in the middle and drop mohsni for good

I said when we signed this guy zaliukas is the slowest player I have ever seen,he's hopeless when somebody runs at him

Well done ally for subbing him,moshni looked a lot better alongside Jig ,instead of signing a needless keeper go and get a decent centre

Half,they 2 plus mcgregor will cost us goals galore this season

If he's the best centre half why,

1 was he subbed at half time

2 was missing at the first goal and gave away the second

3 the defence improved in the second half

4 toiled on the deck against a 5th rate centre forward

5 gets beat for pace every time on the deck

We have been awful at the back since the 3rd division.

If we arent signing anyone else then McCoist needs to pick a centre back partnership and stick with them. This chopping and changing just isnt working (usually to make sure his pal jig starts).

Moshni can be a good player but has shown on too many occasions he cant be depended on or trusted.

Big Zal is our best CB and I'd like to see McGregor given a chance to partner him and build up an understanding with him. We still need a new right back as well......

Moshni was a different player in the second half from the first. It was quite clear he was under orders in the first half to take no chances in losing possession as he was lumping the ball up the park at first opportunity. Second half, he seemed to be given free reign to play his natural game and come out with the ball and he played better for it.

Whatever you think of Mohsni if we are going to play him we have to let him play his natural game. Yes, we my lose some goals because of it but,to be fair to the big man, he has weighed in with a few vital goals for us at the other end. Perhaps, we need to choose a no nonsense CB beside him to cover for him at times - similar to Davie Weir with Bougherra.

I didn't fancy MacGregor at all in preseason games but must admit he has quite impressed me defensively so far in the league. There were two or three times today late on when he showed his experience and stood on his feet rather than dive in and give away a potential penalty.

Zaliukas couldnt even get a run in a pishy leeds defence. Hes crap. End of story

Mosnhi lacks concentration to be a good defender

Mcgregor isnt a right back so can't really judge him, jigs playing anywhere just because the manager asks him to and fosters decision making and positioning is rotten.

Thats why our defence is ropey

Zaliukas couldnt even get a run in a pishy leeds defence. Hes crap. End of story

Mosnhi lacks concentration to be a good defender

Mcgregor isnt a right back so can't really judge him, jigs playing anywhere just because the manager asks him to and fosters decision making and positioning is rotten.

Thats why our defence is ropey

Zaliukas crap? You even seen our games this season??

Might be wrong but my feeling is over the last few seasons we have generally lost goals early on and become more organised through the season. No stats or facts to back that up, and quite possibly could be way off, but just my feelng. Also we haven't really had a settled CB pairing for the last few years which obviously is a factor.