Union Bears - Hooligans?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of the article says it's about the return of "casuals", then talks at length about the UBs.

I thought one of the identifying features of a "casual" was NOT wearing team colours.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I may have spotted the odd flash of red, white and blue in BF1....

Not everyone in BF1 is a member of TBO/UB . ;)

Also I have a feeling neilstonloyal is Lizzy's11 off FF

I wonder if the writer of this has actually looked at the UB members, they may have the same sort of dress style as casuals did, but half of them look under 16, how could they be confused with casuals or a football "firm"? Lets all get behind UB/TBO, sing right along with them, let the polis and the media know that they represent us and that we support them as a group!

look at the article. all other clubs pictures that are on there. celtic hibs and aberdeen fans are there fighting motherwell fans are standing doing nazi salutes. the union bears are standing amongs smoke with flags and banners if they were going to make accusations such as that then they should have at least chose a picture thats shows there hooligans oh wait you wont get a picture there is a differrence between all these groups and the UB there fighting the UB are singing. FOOTBALL FANS NOT CRIMINALS

Sorry if repost, but Ive just read the article in the sun about football hooliganism being rampant once again, but was shocked to see the Union Bears being hung out to dry by the paper. Since when does singing loudly, waving banners or setting off flares constitute violence or hooliganism. If there has any been an example of media bias against Rangers or the media just looking for something to throw at Rangers then this is it. I have been following Rangers for years and have never seen any violence in Ibrox or near it, nor at away games. This is totally out of proportion and is just scaremongering imo.

The UB are much more rowdy and active than most fans, but how does this justify how they are portrayed in this article? I was in the UB area at Berwick and while I was nackered at the end and understood complaints about smoke I never once felt in danger in any way, there was no violent chants, songs or any fighting whatsoever so how can the media say this when there is clearly no evidence?

Fuck off, passionate, yes, hooligans, NO