Berbatov Rooney Tevez Ronaldo

these four storming down on you...after Sunday Celtic must be feeling a tad nervous about meeting Man U now

:mutley:

ET today

CELTIC will face a £90million strike force when they meet Manchester United in the Champions League. The European champions finally concluded the signing of Dimitar Berbatov from Spurs last night in a £30.75m deal.

And with Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney set to join the Bulgarian in a new-look three-man attack, Celtic will face the full wrath of the United forward line. Cristiano Ronaldo is also due back from an ankle injury in time for the double-header against Gordon Strachan's side on October 21 and November 5.

Sir Alex Ferguson today hailed Berbatov as a "key signing" in United's quest for a Premier League title hat-trick and their defence of the Champions League crown.

"Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football," he said.

advertisement

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension, and I am sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Berbatov was also thrilled that the summer saga ended in his favour - and says he wants to become a United legend.

"Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me," he said.

"I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."

But United were outdone in the battle of the headlines in Manchester - after an astonishing day at neighbours City.

After being lined up in the morning for a mega-takeover from the cash-rich Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment, City stunned the game by sealing the capture of Real Madrid star Robinho just before the deadline closed in a British record £32.5m deal.

Chelsea had been pursuing the Brazilian forward all summer, but would not match Madrid's whopping valuation.

And City stepped in as their new owners flexed their massive financial muscle for the first time.

City had earlier tried to snatch Berbatov from under the noses of United, and also lodged bids for Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

But Robinho's deal left the rest of the country stunned as City, backed by owners who have more wealth than Chelsea supremo Roman Abramovich, vowed to become the major players in the Premiership.

City manager Mark Hughes is set to go on a huge spending spree in January now.

Hughes said: "It was one hell of a day. It's a huge statement of intent.

"Robinho is an exceptional talent and opposition teams are going to fear him

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...euro_hitmen.php

They better find a reason to have a special relationship soon, or else there'll be no mercy whatsoever!

Don't i am pretty sure some crap will come up about the difference in celtic fans travelling to manchester!!

cant wait to see them get pumped and hopefully there won't be any jammy last minute home leg goals this time!! They deserve a good hiding at some point in the camps league!!

They better find a reason to have a special relationship soon, or else there'll be no mercy whatsoever!

Don't i am pretty sure some crap will come up about the difference in celtic fans travelling to manchester!!

cant wait to see them get pumped and hopefully there won't be any jammy last minute home leg goals this time!! They deserve a good hiding at some point in the camps league!!

'some crap will come up about the difference in celtic fans travelling to manchester!! '

oh it already has...the halo polishing is in full swing as we speak and the heavenly hosts of the Tic are expected to drift down on their cloud spreading peace and light across Manchester.... :rolleyes:

'some crap will come up about the difference in celtic fans travelling to manchester!! '

oh it already has...the halo polishing is in full swing as we speak and the heavenly hosts of the Tic are expected to drift down on their cloud spreading peace and Shite across Manchester.... :rolleyes:

Corrected that for you (tu)

The fact is, Celtic have been much much weaker than their opposition in Europe for years and have consistently punched above their weight at home - a combination of luck, some desperate defending and even the odd goal from time to time.

I hope this year the music finally stops and the results out of the phiggery finally reveal the truth of their ability. Lots of people were fooled by our run last year, only for Kaunas to set the record straight. I wouldn't mind seeing their home record in tatters come Christmas time.

i hope they get absolutely humped both times by man utd but then i thought they would last time and it didnt happen :angry2: Hopefully this is the year celtic stop being so damn lucky and get exactly what they deserve which is hammered in every game.