Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim wants Ronaldo, Fabregas and Torres

TMWWBK

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/529737-abu-...n-ronaldo-swoop

New Manchester City boss Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim is considering a $240 million bid for Manchester United superstar Ronaldo during the next transfer window in January, Arabian Business can reveal.

Al Fahim – who through Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment has taken control of the club – has outlined his “dream team” in an interview to be published in Arabian Business magazine on Sunday.

The Hydra Properties CEO, who has already beaten Chelsea to the signature of Brazilian star Robinho in a $61mn swoop, revealed that snatching Ronaldo from arch rivals Manchester United is the top priority.

“Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious.

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160 million but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more, I would think $240 million.

"But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United.”

In the interview, conducted moments after the historic signing of the deal to buy the club, Al Fahim also reveals his wish list – Liverpool’s Fernando Torres and Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas are also seen as potential targets.

“We’re not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them,” he said.

It is thought a transfer fund totalling $450 million has been allocated for the next two seasons, by which time is “expected” that the club will be as successful on the pitch as Manchester United and Chelsea.

I feel sorry for current City players, if they have a bad couple of months leading up to january, they will be replaced instantly, if their replacements arent already being lined up now

I really dont think it matters how they play to be honest, none of them would make the worlds best team, which is what they're aiming for.

I can't see this happening.

Yes they have a shed load of money, but when these takeovers happen a lot of the really big name players remain reluctant to move to these clubs until they see how things will pan out.

Immediately after they were taken over Chelsea were linked with a huge number of big name players. Granted they got Crespo, Mutu, Veron & Makalele but that was just the tip of the ice berg.

It wasn't until the following season that they really got the top top names (Cech, Carvalho, Drogba, Robben, etc, etc) to join them and I suspect it will be much the same with Man City.

This guy is my new hero. He's like the guy who hacks FM so he can buy everyone!

Just hope big Micah stays as captain.

But Dunne is their captain...........

Future captain. Far as I see it, Micah IS City.

This guy is my new hero. He's like the guy who hacks FM so he can buy everyone!

Just hope big Micah stays as captain.

But Dunne is their captain...........

Future captain. Far as I see it, Micah IS City.

Until he is replaced with Ferdinand in January :lol: