The end of football as we know it?

dafloppyone

Interesting post from another forum :

The news flying round about Man Cities new owners saddens me really... Chelsea started it and now City will carry it on. Also there's this news.

Quote: As we all know City have been taken over by Suleiman Al Fahim of Abu Dhabi Group, I have heard they have around £1.73 trillion pounds at least altogether.

City now are technically the richest club in the world.

Due to the work I do, this morning I have been told some interesting news which could effect us.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are fierce rivals and are constantly trying to outdo each other. The Dubai Invesment Group, who tried to takeover Liverpool are furious that Abu Dhabi group have taken over City and made the headlines this morning with the Robinho signing.

What I heard this morning is that the Dubai Investment Group as of this morning have already started to desperately try and find a new Premier League club who they can take over, so that they can compete and not get outshone by the Abu Dhabi group.

Clubs on the list include Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle. Spurs and Arsenal are the two choices they would rather go with as they are in London and they believe that they have greater potential/history etc.

The Dubai group are as loaded as the Abu Dhabi group and whoever they takeover will definitely spend loads of money as they want to be the number 1 owners in the country. Spurs are the favourites to be taken over as of this morning.

That's what I heard this morning guys, I'll keep you updated. If Spurs are taken over then I'll probably completely stop watching the game altogether frown.gif I've already lost a lot of interest in the game, the CL has made things so unfair, then Chelsea and now more and more clubs will just become playthings for the billionaires.... seriously they have such wealth they'll be playing Championship Manager but for real!!!

I really don't see Chelsea as successful, they cheated it and did not earn anything, I truly believe that. Just a matter of time before Roman leaves and they'll sink without trace??

Even though my love of the game has cooled I do still love Spurs and am proud of what they've achieved on their own backs. They have no debt, run at a profit and have many passionate fans.....

A take over that what has just happened at Man City would just kill it for me. I'd rather win the Carling Cup like we did than the Prem like Chelsea and now probably Man City will....

Will be interesting to see if the other group make an attempt....