Charlie Prickolas

1690 Posts

Charlie Nicholas last night accused Celtic of complacency and warned the Hoops that they could pay the price of failing to beat the transfer day deadline.

The Parkhead legend also admitted he was baffled at the lack of at least one big money buy for the Bhoys and bemused in general by boss Gordon Strachan's signing policy ahead of their Champions League campaign.

And after spending Sunday’s defeat by Rangers among the Celtic support he declared the fans are concerned too that the club didn't speculate to accumulate for both the domestic and European challenges.

Strachan has spent a little over £4 million on Cardiff City defender Glenn Loovens, Shaun Maloney, Derry’s Paddy McCourt and Barcelona’s Marc Crosas but will bank over £15m alone from Europe this season.

Nicholas and a large section of supporters insist that guaranteed cash jackpot should have been spent wisely for strengthening a side with real Champions League ambitions, especially as they had been led to believe just days earlier that deals were being lined up.

'' Celtic could pay dearly for not pushing the boat out at a crucial time '' said Nicholas .'' This was a perfect opportunity lost to pull away from the rest as far as I'm concerned .

“I don’t think Strachan has identified the weak areas of the team, areas that needed to be strengthened during the window.

“The left-back position, for example, is badly needing to be addressed.And I don’t believe there is a decent right-back, either, despite having a choice from around five players.

“Then there’s the keeper, Artur Boruc, who seems to be on a different planet from everyone else.

“The transfer window is now shut and Celtic’s complacency has reared its head again.Celtic’s in-house accountancy has again been spectacular in not providing the funds that would have given the team that extra edge over their rivals and in the Champions League.

---

----

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/59559/...t-says-Nicholas

pmsl. They're no' happy at all.

Guest Andypendek

“The transfer window is now shut and Celtic’s complacency has reared its head again.Celtic’s in-house accountancy has again been spectacular in not providing the funds that would have given the team that extra edge over their rivals and in the Champions League.

I know it would be the editor who did this, and I know it's pedantic grammatical snobbery, but those are the two worst constructed sentences I've seen in a long, long time.