Man City to become next big club?

ZeGowse

With the talk of a £135million bid for C.Ronaldo in January along with the Robinho signing and interest in Torres, Fabregas, along with 18 other players...Does anyone believe that Man City will become the next big club? Or is this just a pipe dream for the new owner?

I was shocked when Robinho went to Man City over Chelsea...surely its a sign of intent?

If this new owner does put the money into the club as he said he will then he'll expect Man City to be chasing for the EPL title and the CL title, with that amount of financial backing behind them then realistically they will become the big next club.

But they will have to do their talking on the park.

Nah if you read up on Abu Dhabi they are in it to become the biggest corporation in the world, by bringing in all the best players they will get cuts of sponsorship deal etc. They are big rivals of that Dubai Investment Group who are sniffing about Liverpool.

If this new owner does put the money into the club as he said he will then he'll expect Man City to be chasing for the EPL title and the CL title, with that amount of financial backing behind them then realistically they will become the big next club.

I disagree.

It takes a lot more than bought titles and a whole load of over priced players for a team to truly be considered as a big team.

It takes histroy, tradition and prolonged success. By that I'm meaning decades not a few years.

Neither Chelsea or Man City will ever be considered as big clubs in my eyes.

i think its a man with lots of money wanting his name even more reconised but i think if he gets the right advice man city are definitly going to climb the ladder. no doubt of that.

just hope he keeps his head screwed on.

:mutley: