Foderingham.

Clemdog

It's easy to overlook how good a signing he's been considering the form of Holt, Kiernan, Tavernier and Waghorn. But I personally think he'll be one of Warburton's most important, in what will hopefully be a long reign.

It was always going to take time for a new defence to gel and understandably there was a few shaky moments early on in the Season. But I think he's the epitome of what a goalkeeper needs to be in the modern game.

Already he has proven his shot stopping ability, just look at that save in the second half. Not to mention his aerial ability and, most importantly to our teams style, distribution.

I just thought Wes deserved a bit of praise, considering he took a bit of stick early on. (tu)

It's easy to overlook how good a signing he's been considering the form of Holt, Kiernan, Tavernier and Waghorn. But I personally think he'll be one of Warburton's most important, in what will hopefully be a long reign.

It was always going to take time for a new defence to gel and understandably there was a few shaky moments early on in the Season. But I think he's the epitome of what a goalkeeper needs to be in the modern game.

Already he has proven his shot stopping ability, just look at that save in the second half. Not to mention his aerial ability and, most importantly to our teams style, distribution.

I just thought Wes deserved a bit of praise, considering he took a bit of stick early on. (tu)

Very well said. You can tell he likes being here too!

His concentration and shot stopping have been outstanding.

Really love the way he commands his box and the defenders.

Hopefully we get a few years out him then we can sell him on to a Premier League team.

Agree. An unsung hero, but when mentioned, gets plenty credit for his efforts on here.

Can't see him loosing him 1st team spot.

And he will be worth a few bob in the future - he is starting to look like the complete goalkeeper.

Good points well made.

I thought he was excellent in everything he did today. Was worried at that very first minute slip though, thought that was a sign of things to come.

He never put a foot (or a hand) wrong all game. Quick distribution every time he got the ball, and even looked very comfortable with his kicking. With that chance that hit the bar, there would have been no chance of him making it, so couldn't fault him there.

He has been getting better the more he plays in the way MW wants .It was all a new style of play to the whole team and he has learned his role really well;playing out quickly from the back and some really good shot stopping and taking of crosses. Best keeper we've had for a while and he'll only get better. GSTQ.

Much harder for a goalie to make 2 or 3 saves over a 90 min period than say 7 or 8 when he is continually in the game. Could be very easy for him to switch off but never does. At times he is playing very high for a goalie but in doing so is never out of position should an attack come and allows us to keep the ball moving. Interestingly that when playing short games of 5s in training Wes and Liam Kelly are included to encourage them to play football