Warburton Content With Strikeforce

CheckMateCharlie

This is how I see it warbs is a hugely loyal manager. He doesn't speak about possible signings or targets until they become our player. So there is no chance of him going back on that and suddenly telling the world who he's after. He will sign a forward in January

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which games did we "struggle" in? IMO we've dominated just about every game so far this season bar one where we were shite for 45 mins and got deservedly punished.

Dumbarton, Falkirk, Hibs x 2, St Johnstone, Livingston 3 times, QoS, St Mirren away, just off the top of my head. All games we struggled in. All games we could have done with a proper striker on the park.

You can batter a team with stats and possession but still struggle to win the match, there is a difference.

Dumbarton, Falkirk, Hibs x 2, St Johnstone, Livingston 3 times, QoS, St Mirren away, just off the top of my head. All games we struggled in. All games we could have done with a proper striker on the park.

And of those games we pure struggled in we lost 2 and drew one.

Up ye.

It'd be a massive mistake if we didn't bring in a striker this upcoming window..

Clark is honking..

Miller in twilight of career..

Waghorn is bang average.

It'd be harsh on an 18 yr old to expect him to lead line..

Are you saying that our manager doesn't know what he's talking about?

Beats me, i cant see what he brings to earn game time.

Probably more to do with his U20 performances, he tucks them away for fun, of course doesn't mean he will do so for the first team, a 15/20 minutes every game would do no harm to show what he can do, he'll never be a starter this season.

First of all I speak as a fan. MW is the professional.

We are very much a work in progress and I expect many changes in personnel for next season. MW knows where we have to strenghen but one of his often repeated phrases is about value. Why come out and say that we need a striker or a midfielder. All that does is insure that we are quoted inflated prices for potential targets.

I for one am delighted with the way he is going about his job. Look back to a year ago and how dismal we were. MW has tiurned that around on a shoestring. Leave the man alone to do his job.

There's seem to be a lot of Hardie fans on here and I ask, what are you all seeing that MW is missing ?

I think it's more a case of what Miller and Clark don't give us and fans have no one else to pick. They hear about this guy smashing goals for fun in for the 20s and think he should be playing. Most calling for him to start have probably never even seen him play. I happen to think he looks out of place in this team but i really do hope he makes it here. All our options up front are extremely mediocre.

Good chance he thinks differently in private.

Can't risk fucking up team morale by saying he's looking for replacements publicly.

while Warbs does have confidence in his current strikers, this is nevertheless correct.

a good buy or loan for a striker comes along and he's on it.

Probably more to do with his U20 performances, he tucks them away for fun, of course doesn't mean he will do so for the first team, a 15/20 minutes every game would do no harm to show what he can do, he'll never be a starter this season.

I've never really seen him play at youth level bar one cup game so maybe i'm not being fair on him but even Aird who seems to be in defence now offered a bit more up front.

I'd like to see young Murdoch maybe getting in the first team again.