Gazza And The Bike In The Trophy Room...

GOAT

Found out a hilarious story yesterday during the tour about the bike we've got in the trophy room.

If you don't know the story about why we have a bike in the trophy room, short story is, it was a gift from St Etienne in the 30's. Only ten of this model were ever made, and the owners of St Etienne were manufacturers of bikes used in the tour de france, and this similar model was used by the winner of it one year. Apparently we're the only club to still have ours.

Anyway, fast forward 60 years. Gazza signs for Rangers. At the time we trained in the albion, Gazza was at Ibrox, thought this expensive historic bike was a training bike, took it from the trophy room, carried it down the marble staircase, and cycled it from the main stand to the training pitch at the albion unchallenged. :lol:

What a fucking guy! :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't train at the Albion when Gazza was at Ibrox as it was the Car Park for the new Club Deck. I think the story is a porky pie mate.

It was the tour guide that told us. We used to train across from Ibrox did we not.

Gazza was a genius,absolute headcase but with a player of his ability you just have to live with his antics as on the pitch he was worth it.

The bike story had me laughing aswell,can just imagine him doing it and look on Walter Smiths face haha,it got the wee man intruiged aswell and when we got home he watched loads of Gazza clips on youtube.

Did they tell the story about the Russian team that played with 12 men against us when it was really foggy? Thats the one story I remember from when I did the tour.

They told that one last time I done it. Told one about McCoist and Durrant as players but I can't really remember what it was.

Both dates are wrong. It was 1957. And as above, the story, while funny, is made up.

Goodness knows why they said it mind you. (tu)

Why make up a story like that, surely there's plenty of other stuff they could have told us about Gazza, like the fish in Duries motor story etc.

Oh well.