Gazza And The Bike In The Trophy Room...

GOAT

2 hours ago, Willis said:

Do you or does anyone else know of any kind of  interesting gifts weve ever given to any Clubs? I know of a few Interesting ones we've been given but haven't heard of any we've gifted

Not sure mate I've always tended to remember those we were given.   I know someone who might know.  I'll ask and get back to you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard we have the only remaining Loving Cup but I've seen ones in English clubs museums/trophy rooms.

Edit: Everton and Chelsea have one each, Everton do the same ceremony. Found an article claiming there's 5 still in circulation but doesn't elaborate.

5 hours ago, Willis said:

Do you or does anyone else know of any kind of  interesting gifts weve ever given to any Clubs? I know of a few Interesting ones we've been given but haven't heard of any we've gifted

I believe we gave Bayern a silver stag mounted on a wooden plinth but generally our gifts have been what I consider to be quite mundane such as tantalus decanter sets or a beautiful blue vase.  There are some things somewhere in my memory bank from way back but I can't remember if I read or imagined them.  

Guest Lloyd72

Not been on a tour for years but I remember the story about Walter writing a letter to Scott Symon asking if he could sit on the track to watch a game because he had broken his leg