The Rangers Media

SteveJ

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

Let's discuss the club we love, with respect.

I think the site got to rock bottom when the mods allowed a thread title which essentially called PM a clown.

Regardless of the personal opinion of PM, those running the site should have changed the title as leaving it on was saying it's ok to abuse people.

Individial posts within threads are harder to moderate but this was in plain sight.

I think the site got to rock bottom when the mods allowed a thread title which essentially called PM a clown.

Regardless of the personal opinion of PM, those running the site should have changed the title as leaving it on was saying it's ok to abuse people.

Individial posts within threads are harder to moderate but this was in plain sight.

If someone thinks he's a clown then they should be allowed to say then anyone who disagrees can have their say in the thread

Calling someone a clown is hardly the height of abuse I've seen a lot worse said

PM is a fucking clown though.

If someone thinks he's a clown then they should be allowed to say then anyone who disagrees can have their say in the thread

Calling someone a clown is hardly the height of abuse I've seen a lot worse said

It's the lighter end compared to some within threads but it's still abuse and it shouldn't have been allowed on a thread title.

Lads and Lassies, I joined RM many moons ago because I felt it had the balanced approach amongst fans and the discussions were on an adult level, with a high end of debate. I was not disappointed in that the love for Rangers was of paramount importance and that the members were welcoming, albeit a tad suspect on fakes.

Today see's the same people on site, who are still as articulate as ever, considerate to the cause and have the same overall goal - to see Rangers succeed on and off the pitch. We are still suspect to fake accounts from those who wish to see what the blue side are talking about, but we deal with that very well.

Do you sense a but, coming? Forgive me, there is one. The 'but', is to do with the in fighting on RM from existing members, new members and the members who have been on here since the web was officially opened by the US military! My question is WHY?

Rangers Media is not FF - I am sure we can all sigh a breath of relief at that! So why do we debate with proverbial attacks? Can we not just debate opinions, without calling each other a wanker or cunt?

Rangers are not too far away from stability; that I have no doubt. The AGM will allow the shareholders to choose the right option, as long as we do not allow the RST a major vote. With that in mind, can we stabilise RM and accept that members on here are actual Rangers fans who want a return to the playing field and UEFA trophies?

The problem you have mate when you are on this site or any Rangers forum is people have there own opinions or agendas with the Club they support, you will have people coming on from other clubs trying to wind up etc and proclaim to be Rangers fans with there opinions of the club. I would say don't take things serious on here and give back your opinion to seem's fit on topic.

SJ I am of the same ilk as yourself - thanks for breaking cover. This forum stands head and shoulders above the rest of them. Lately the bile has been just too much and I've just chosen to spectate and not participate. I'll now pin my colours to the mast - Craig Mather walked in to a shitstorm and IMO handled it as well as anyone could have - Dave King is wishful thinking at the moment based on the number of enemies who will contest his credentials. Paul Murray has won a court ruling but if there is any justice the AGM will sent him to f**k and we'll never hear of him again -Aye right.!! In the meantime all we can do is support the Queen's Eleven as we always have and hope to goodness some sort of sanity emerges at the end of all this.

steve the abuse bit does not bother me as it is often passion and frustration, BUT the love of our club comes through. The kiddy on ones soon out themselves as thier passion is to hate us not love us. We can disagree with other bears and it can get spicy but we can see the other person does care even if they can't see that I am always right. ;)

The problem you have mate when you are on this site or any Rangers forum is people have there own opinions or agendas with the Club they support, you will have people coming on from other clubs trying to wind up etc and proclaim to be Rangers fans with there opinions of the club. I would say don't take things serious on here and give back your opinion to seem's fit on topic.

I think you are missing the point. I joined RM with a certain membership who I struggled to adapt to because they chuckled at my potential to be a fenian. Those people are now old timers :-)

My point is that we fight on the pitches, we fight on the stands and we fight on the fora. We just fight!

That's if we ever get an AGM ! (tu):sherlock:

Yes I just joined but it was recommended to me as a forum (from long standing members) that is full of real bears

Yes I just joined but it was recommended to me as a forum (from long standing members) that is full of real bears

lots of real bears on here, they are getting frustrated in the actions of the board and wan-a-be's. We have the odd infiltrater but they get spotted (it becomes a game all of it's own- taige spotting) so post and argue your corner.

Good question Steve.

For me personally, its down to the supporters of Green, Mather or Murray that constantly feel the need to promote their man (Translation: Ram it down our throats) whilst slagging off the others.

Whilst many on RM offer a balanced view, there are others that have the blinkers on.

My position - Its only about the Rangers.

Good question Steve.

For me personally, its down to the supporters of Green, Mather or Murray that constantly feel the need to promote their man (Translation: Ram it down our throats) whilst slagging off the others.

Whilst many on RM offer a balanced view, there are others that have the blinkers on.

:lol:

Good question Steve.