"It's a Grand Old Team" at Goodison yesterday

Thought I was having a nightmare (make that a daymare) yesterday when I heard a familiar tune on the tv. I was putting the kettle on prior to the Everton vs. Arsenal game and heard the strains of "It's A Grand Old Team" - very strange I thought but the words sounded a little different. Never noticed that tune before at Goodison. Then the " Z Cars" theme came across loud and clear too. Guess they do things differently at Goodison. You'd think Walter Smith would have put his foot down when he was the gaffer there.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint both Liverpool & Everton tim teams due to the influx of Catholics to Liverpool during the famine?

Wouldn't say Liverpool are a tim team after hearing this..

Oh we hate Bill Shankly

And we hate St John

But most of all we hate Big Ron

And we'll hang the Kopites one by one

On the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey

So to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too

We'll throw them all in the Mersey

And we'll fight fight fight

With all our might

For the lads in the Royal Blue Jersey

Wouldn't say Liverpool are a tim team after hearing this..

Oh we hate Bill Shankly

And we hate St John

But most of all we hate Big Ron

And we'll hang the Kopites one by one

On the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey

So to hell with Liverpool and Rangers too

We'll throw them all in the Mersey

And we'll fight fight fight

With all our might

For the lads in the Royal Blue Jersey

Dont see why that song would not make Liverpool a tim team? They are their rivals after all. If Liverpool are not a tim team they certainly try their best to come off as one.

Aint both Liverpool & Everton tim teams due to the influx of Catholics to Liverpool during the famine?

There was an influx of Ulster men and women from the famine who sought refuge in Liverpool and Glasgow.

The famine was not an exclusively Kafflick problem, it affected men, women and children from Cork to Coleraine.

Think Liverpool would be (generally) more aligned with us, while Everton would be (generally) more on the other side.

Knew guys who (when football was more organised on the home one week, away the next) would go to Anfield one week & Ibrox the next.

Lines maybe got blurred a bit with YNWA suggesting connections with 'Pool & the Scum, while there's been an active two way trade in players between us & Everton.

Never met a Toffees fan yet who hasn't 'thanked' me for letting them have Big Dunc!